This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

3 day weekends.....
« on: September 28, 2023, 06:23:43 pm »
I started this in June.

I usually have fri,sat,sun off every week  now.

Love it!😄
price higher/work harder!

deeege

Re: 3 day weekends.....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 06:43:36 pm »
Cool story   8)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 07:56:45 pm »
Yes great story Daz 👍🏼

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 11:39:57 pm »
Interestingly my 3 day weekends are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday...

;D

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DJW

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 06:46:21 am »
Hopefully my days off will all end in a ‘y’ before too long.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 08:23:22 am »
Next stop 4 day weekends even better.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 09:19:45 am »
Hopefully my days off will all end in a ‘y’ before too long.

Maybe take a holiday?

The irony is by the time you finish for good with years and years of working behind you with no holidays you ll probably get cancer or some other horrible disease and be dead within a year!

DJW

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 10:08:27 am »
Had cancer thanks 🙂
Working ‘till you drop is hardly ideal either.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 10:23:54 am »
My philosophy is live your life now,go on the nice holidays,get that nice car if you want it,bang that woman you like while you still can.

Work is just a means to an end but it doesn't have to be like a normal full time job,my round isn't anyway.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 11:33:54 am »
My philosophy is live your life now,go on the nice holidays,get that nice car if you want it,bang that woman you like while you still can.

Work is just a means to an end but it doesn't have to be like a normal full time job,my round isn't anyway.

I'm starting to agree .

My grandma died last week , 92 years of age saved all her life. Guess what she got ill and they  took pretty much all of her savings and sold her house  to pay for her care.

On top of that I had a scan on my heart few months ago and it's got a bit worse. Doc reckons ill probably need an operation in the next 10 to 20 years maybe sooner who knows...

It just made me think, none of us are promised anything in this life and all this working and striving to aquire things or build a big bussiness so that you can  retire and finally enjoy life when you are pushing 70 is complete bs.

b******s to it all, I think you have it right Daz life is about balance, bit of work, bit of play. Preferably more of the latter.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 12:02:46 pm »
Ironically enough I'm off to  a macmillan coffee morning soon at my missus workplace....those nurses are fantastic and deserve all the money raised....plus the pies and cakes will be AMAZING!!!!😋

Have a fantastic weekend chaps!👍

zesty

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 01:24:47 pm »

I'm starting to agree .

My grandma died last week , 92 years of age saved all her life. Guess what she got ill and they  took pretty much all of her savings and sold her house  to pay for her care.

On top of that I had a scan on my heart few months ago and it's got a bit worse. Doc reckons ill probably need an operation in the next 10 to 20 years maybe sooner who knows...

It just made me think, none of us are promised anything in this life and all this working and striving to aquire things or build a big bussiness so that you can  retire and finally enjoy life when you are pushing 70 is complete bs.

b******s to it all, I think you have it right Daz life is about balance, bit of work, bit of play. Preferably more of the latter.

What’s up with your heart?

Defo a good idea to think ahead though, you wouldn’t want to be 65 and have no money in the bank etc…

Defo important to do the things you enjoy now, but really worth considering the future too.

Mate of mines wife’s parents give them lumps of money every now and then, they said they’d rather see their kids use the money now, rather than have the money when they’re retired - i think that’s a great idea, why do we always get inheritance when we’re ancient  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2023, 03:58:56 pm »

I'm starting to agree .

What’s up with your heart?

Defo a good idea to think ahead though, you wouldn’t want to be 65 and have no money in the bank etc…

Defo important to do the things you enjoy now, but really worth considering the future too.

Mate of mines wife’s parents give them lumps of money every now and then, they said they’d rather see their kids use the money now, rather than have the money when they’re retired - i think that’s a great idea, why do we always get inheritance when we’re ancient  ::)roll

Leaky heart valve and narrowing

Was mild now moderate, will most likely eventually become more severe then need an op.

My auntie has a different valve that is the same and she needs open heart surgery asap

Runs in the family my younger brother has a replacement valve and pacemaker.

Grandad died at 55 with a heart attack and my dad had one at a similar age.

Haha I'm screwed like a ticking timebomb

zesty

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 04:03:20 pm »
Yeah not fun that.

Hopefully you will be ok for many years to come. At least you’ve got a manual Job to keep you fit - ish!

tonyoliver

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2023, 09:24:04 am »
Hrh King Charles and the ugly one  inhereted 17 billion plus assets on the death of his mother with no inheritance tax at all 
after care costs and funeral expenses my best mate got 20k from his mums house  valued at 650k she was a nice lady who always fed us when we went round saved all her days and the only big asset was the house
Even then they couldn’t keep there hands off it and put a charge on it when she passed 
like my mum they stole 5 years off her pension  and it looks like they want us to work till 78 to get the state pension and the smug moron  Rees smog on telly said he wanted to be 80 as were living longer  b******s to going up ladders at 80!

JandS

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2023, 04:23:03 pm »
I prefer 3 day weekends with Monday as the extra day.
Be careful giving  lumps of money as gifts to your kids......maximum £3k total for1 year think you're supposed to declare it to taxman above that.
Same if you think you may need a care home soon don't start giving loads of money away to kids to avoid paying care home fees.
Better to sign your house over to kids as you get older that way they can't touch it.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

windowswashed

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2023, 07:46:07 pm »
I prefer 3 day weekends with Monday as the extra day.
Be careful giving  lumps of money as gifts to your kids......maximum £3k total for1 year think you're supposed to declare it to taxman above that.
Same if you think you may need a care home soon don't start giving loads of money away to kids to avoid paying care home fees.
Better to sign your house over to kids as you get older that way they can't touch it.

You're okay giving it away as gifts to your children so long as you don't croak it within seven years.

The rich put it in trust funds for their children to avoid inheritance tax.

I intend going part time (even more part time than now) when I get my army pension in under two years and have more time off for adventures and holidays, don't believe in working hard right up until retirement and being too old and too rigid to enjoy life. Happy life balance.

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2023, 03:12:05 am »
I’ve got something like 6 months left of the routine that has been working life for the past 25 years.

After that it’s going to be a life of relative ease and comfort.

View from the front currently….

View in the back garden yesterday

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2023, 09:31:59 am »
Cool!

That's what I call fresh Sunday roast
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2023, 03:50:35 pm »
AI was asked to make a picture of the happiest British man ever …. This is the result , I think daz is on to something 😂