This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Which connectors to use?
« on: June 09, 2023, 07:40:55 am »
Hey guys , my current situation is that I run out of water a few days a week and need to go home to refill maybe about 100ltrs to finish the day when iv got a large commercial/ nursing home to do.
Im thinking that if I buy a small 125ltr tank then I could use that if and when I run out on the main tank.
What I can’t get my head around is how would I connect it to my pump that is connected to the main tank?
I don’t use hoselock connectors, everything is connected via hose clips you tighten with a screwdriver.
This would save me about 30 minutes round trip each time.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Cheers!

p1w1

Re: Which connectors to use?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 08:19:30 am »
Get a 3 way john guest tap and put it on the main hose to the pump and connect to smaller tank, if everything is jubilee clipped get some barbs to push into the tap. Using john guest fittings allows you to take the  smaller tank out when not needed. Personally i would just a get a bigger single tank.
You would may possible also need a single tap nearer the outlet of the main one to stop water flowing back into it when turning the smaller tank on.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 08:46:01 am »
Hey guys , my current situation is that I run out of water a few days a week and need to go home to refill maybe about 100ltrs to finish the day when iv got a large commercial/ nursing home to do.
Im thinking that if I buy a small 125ltr tank then I could use that if and when I run out on the main tank.
What I can’t get my head around is how would I connect it to my pump that is connected to the main tank?
I don’t use hoselock connectors, everything is connected via hose clips you tighten with a screwdriver.

Cheers!

How big is your current main tank?
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 09:04:58 am »

Cheers!

How big is your current main tank?

650ltr - but if I’m doing a 4-5hr office estate job , I easily go through it as it’s non stop . Completely different to do 4hrs of residential work bud

High-Tower

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 09:16:40 am »
I’d just get 4/5 25l barrels and pour them in, or siphon them in with a length of hose.

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 09:19:38 am »
You could use a small transfer pump. Connects on to your leisure battery. Drop it into your small tank and transfer to the main tank. They are £30 ish

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 10:20:10 am »
Great ideas , cheers guys 👍