van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Finding more and more messers🙄
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2023, 09:07:49 am »
I know what he means though KS you get some people trying to reel you in by saying every month 6 weeks what’s suits you etc,I just say we only take on regular cleans as we are busy enough.
I also do the same as you, I turn down one off cleans unless I’m next door, then I price accordingly. But I don’t understand why anyone would offer the option of a one off clean with absolutely no intention of carrying out the work. Soon get a bad reputation.
I agree.
You sell your service to them. You don't sell them the service that you think they want.
Some want their windows cleaned because they are dirty and no one cleans them. But they need telling that they will get dirty again if no one continues to clean them 🙄.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

james peters

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2023, 04:03:32 pm »
I look out for red flags also.
normally if someone asks you to call, and then says  something like .....  " my l;ast window cleaner just stopped calling " or " I cant seem to find a reliable window cleaner" ....
this normally means that it is actually "them " that is unreliable ...

I just make sure they are charged a first clean price ... if they skip I may adjust them to 4 cleans a year at a first clean price
if they still cant grasp it, its bye bye and block

NWH

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2023, 06:14:45 pm »
This time of the year is a red flag lol how often do you hear window cleaners say this is the best time of the year to pick up work lol,of course it is the winter ones you take on are the serious ones.

james peters

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2023, 08:50:54 pm »
This time of the year is a red flag lol how often do you hear window cleaners say this is the best time of the year to pick up work lol,of course it is the winter ones you take on are the serious ones.
for anyone on this forum who is starting out , do not listen to this negative comment . there is some truth to it but its misleading .
70 % of new customers will convert to regular if you set your terms out from the start.
Always charge a higher price for the first clean , maybe  50% more , and you wont lose out
also , if you are starting out in the spring it is a great time for add ons such as gutter cleaning render cleaning , pressure washing ( if you offer these ) whilst you are starting ,these extras will help whilst you are building and refining your window cleaning round.
spring is a great time to build .
just saying  ;D

NWH

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 08:59:41 pm »
I have been involved in window cleaning for 30 years and let me tell you and anyone starting out that customers  that come out this time of the year are  like daffodils 🌼,have you heard the saying spring clean that’s how people think and if they had their way they’d have the windows cleaned in spring and summer and maybe one at the end of September-October.
Not saying you won’t gain decent customers now but you’ll not know till they’ve been through a few winters with you if they are what you’d call a “good” customer.

aaron musson

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 09:15:49 pm »
I know what he means though KS you get some people trying to reel you in by saying every month 6 weeks what’s suits you etc,I just say we only take on regular cleans as we are busy enough.
I also do the same as you, I turn down one off cleans unless I’m next door, then I price accordingly. But I don’t understand why anyone would offer the option of a one off clean with absolutely no intention of carrying out the work. Soon get a bad reputation.
i USED to say its a tenner for every month or 20 as a one off.What used to happen was folk would say hmm,ok lets go for the monthly then,but  on the second clean cancel and yahey theyv had a cheapo one off . These days i filter them hav not done a one off for yrs. besides ,one offs are never worth it at ANY price , youll work slower for days afterwards if youv done a few on the trot. its a bit like scrubbing gutters , im ok to clean out the insides but wont do outsides no matter what price. 

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 09:20:28 pm »
I have been involved in window cleaning for 30 years and let me tell you and anyone starting out that customers  that come out this time of the year are  like daffodils 🌼,have you heard the saying spring clean that’s how people think and if they had their way they’d have the windows cleaned in spring and summer and maybe one at the end of September-October.
Not saying you won’t gain decent customers now but you’ll not know till they’ve been through a few winters with you if they are what you’d call a “good” customer.
I have to agree.

james peters

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 09:43:42 pm »
I agree. also been at it for 30 years. but negative thinking doesnt help new people starting up . its about percentages . anyone who is established knows this. you have to start somewhere , and the rule of thumb is to just keep on plugging away without let up when you start,.
negative thinking will not help anyone.  your posts are condasending and negative followed by lots of lols. its extremely annoying, and of no help to anyone .... lol lol lol

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2023, 11:25:01 pm »
You don’t have to read em Jim that’s up to you pal I would prefer to hear the truth not go through life and work believing complete utter and what’s rubbish,lots of new window cleaners about when do you hear that usually April-May you want to try and build a round start in March-April-May why coz the suns out and the majority of bad customers won’t want you through the winter.
You could always lie to some newbie tell them that they’ll pick up work in November like they will in May,I can tell a messer on the doorstep the phone or by reading their text message I’ve been doing this that long Jim lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 01:34:41 am »
I’ve heard it all now.
Potential customer “ Hi I’m looking for a reliable window cleaner”……Nigel’s response …“ ha ha my love, did you not know I’ve been in this game for 30 years lol, I’ll say it again,  just in case you’re hard of  hearing, 30 years my love lol”. So I do know a messer when I see one lol. You see my love,  anyone who asks for a window cleaner at this time of the year is obviously just after one of those, errr what do you call em again, one of those spring clean thingymajigs lol. There is no way on earth you can be looking for a regular window cleaner all year round lol, you can’t pull the wool over my eyes love lol…..Oh by the way, did I ever mention that I drive an Audi TTS?   Well there you have it lol

NWH

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 06:34:21 am »
Yeah well that’s just bitterness about the Custom comments I made and I don’t have a TTS I have a TTRS,how’s that internal door sticker on the back of you’re Custom KS or is it a sticker some say it leads into my world of Narnia with a lol.

james peters

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 08:32:29 am »
You don’t have to read em Jim that’s up to you pal I would prefer to hear the truth not go through life and work believing complete utter and what’s rubbish,lots of new window cleaners about when do you hear that usually April-May you want to try and build a round start in March-April-May why coz the suns out and the majority of bad customers won’t want you through the winter.
You could always lie to some newbie tell them that they’ll pick up work in November like they will in May,I can tell a messer on the doorstep the phone or by reading their text message I’ve been doing this that long Jim lol.

I have an announcement.
don't listen to any other window cleaners, even if they are successful. they are wrong with their advice

go to Nigel. he may come across like hes been eating the funny mushrooms , and comes across as mad as a box of frogs. but he is the final word .he can read peoples minds and drives a posh car .
what he says is just genious lol lol lol m8 50 bags, and I know 10 0r 20  butchers , and 5 to 8 pilots m8 lol

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2023, 08:48:25 am »
Yeah well that’s just bitterness about the Custom comments I made and I don’t have a TTS I have a TTRS,how’s that internal door sticker on the back of you’re Custom KS or is it a sticker some say it leads into my world of Narnia with a lol.

Geeeeeez man, do you ever have a day off?
 ::)roll ::)roll
Truth be told, you're probably driving around in a Dacia Stepway, have few to zero friends and are a bachelor! I just really can't see how could possibly be any other way!!🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2023, 08:55:03 am »
NWH will be driving his (insert black and white thinking better car than anyone else's) to naughty step land if he doesn't rein it in.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2023, 09:13:35 am »
It’s the coronation today Malc, so he needs to ‘reign’ it in.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2023, 09:27:54 am »
I’m sorry to disappoint you Nigel but your comments and opinion on the Custom holds no weight with me.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2023, 09:30:52 am »
NWH will be driving his (insert black and white thinking better car than anyone else's) to naughty step land if he doesn't rein it in.
I don’t think he has been any worse than a few others on this thread? Myself included.

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2023, 10:49:15 am »
Never seen it as bad in my time window cleaning...excuse after excuse,...you’ve heard em all I’m sure
Seem to be constantly refining things..I think money has become a bigger issue than ever..a fair few just wanting to miss this one and can I contact you when there dirty😂

We have a few who are really finding it financially tough. They would now fit into the category of who we would have referred to as messers a few years ago.

Someone on here once suggested that window cleaning by appointment might be where we are heading. I laughed at the post, but I'm wondering if we are going to have to add this to our armoury at a higher one off price.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2023, 11:06:29 am »
I don’t think he has been any worse than a few others on this thread? Myself included.

👌 Correct as always m8.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2023, 05:23:48 pm »

👌 Correct as always m8.

Not just this thread though is it Nigel?
It's a game of three halves!