van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andycap

Finding more and more messers🙄
« on: May 03, 2023, 07:15:58 pm »
Never seen it as bad in my time window cleaning...excuse after excuse,...you’ve heard em all I’m sure
Seem to be constantly refining things..I think money has become a bigger issue than ever..a fair few just wanting to miss this one and can I contact you when there dirty😂

SB Cleaning

Re: Finding more and more messers🙄
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 07:49:46 pm »
What cleaning frequency are you?

andycap

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 08:00:21 pm »
30% monthly,70% 2 monthly, but the majority are the  2 monthly..ones that dodge,always used to be good customers ,🤔

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 08:06:32 pm »
Probably feeling the pinch yeah, my phones been dead  for new enquiries this year, usually turning them away this time of the year.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 08:26:25 pm »
I’m finding the exact opposite.

Loads of enquiries (6% increase in April), and more and more are opting for direct debit.

Added to that, price increases at 11% (rounded up to the nearest 50p) that are being accepted without any problem.

I’ve also stopped doing roof veluxes (the high up ones, I still do the low ones on extensions etc) because I got fed up lugging the long pole out. I expected some complaints but it’s been 3 months and nothing. Nobody’s even noticed it seems!

All in all, things have never been better.

james peters

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 07:51:44 am »
Not really noticed a difference.  I find its the ones that want a text the night before tend to be  the ones likely to skip.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 09:03:45 am »
Never seen it as bad in my time window cleaning...excuse after excuse,...you’ve heard em all I’m sure
Seem to be constantly refining things..I think money has become a bigger issue than ever..a fair few just wanting to miss this one and can I contact you when there dirty😂

Not one customer has said this to me for years now....

I have lost 4 customers in the last year though because they couldn't afford me anymore but they have all been replaced

Add on job season has started now and I've  been cleaning a few of these for existing customers here and there
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 09:06:15 am »
Lost one customer out of 280 jobs(march/April price rises)too so happy days!🙂

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 04:08:40 pm »
In my experience only about 30% of new customers will go on to be great long term customers.

I've taken on maybe 150 new ones this year and im still dropping them and refining it.

That's the game it's always been the same for me and now is no different.

Just keep slinging mud at the wall and carry on .

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 06:22:13 pm »
In my experience only about 30% of new customers will go on to be great long term customers.

I've taken on maybe 150 new ones this year and im still dropping them and refining it.

I would say 95% of new customers go on to be long term jobs in my experience (but mine are all walk ups,word of mouth and recommendations)....

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2023, 10:44:30 pm »

I would say 95% of new customers go on to be long term jobs in my experience (but mine are all walk ups,word of mouth and recommendations)....

Quite agree I don’t understand how ones get so many messers I think the key is setting your stall out at quoting stage and if they hesitate don’t take them on , we very rarely get a cancellation unless they move or die still got customers from when I started 25 years ago .

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2023, 11:07:45 pm »
Totally agree with the previous 2 posts

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

aaron musson

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 02:50:18 am »
any new enquiry i always ask,are you just wanting a 1 off? wer quite happy to do it,same price too

if they take the bait and say yes,thats exactly what we want i say,ok  its my bro who is doing the 1 offs,will give him your number he will be in touch. thing is bro lives overseas and never gets in touch

aaron musson

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2023, 03:25:05 am »
280 jobs!! in a compact area  seems youre doing very littkle work then.  youv been going at it donkeys yrs ? can only think your winding it down 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2023, 07:52:10 am »
any new enquiry i always ask,are you just wanting a 1 off? wer quite happy to do it,same price too

if they take the bait and say yes,thats exactly what we want i say,ok  its my bro who is doing the 1 offs,will give him your number he will be in touch. thing is bro lives overseas and never gets in touch
Why would you do this? The customer is being honest in saying they only want a one off clean because you have offered this option and you’re happy to do it.  As for taking the bait? Really!

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 07:55:56 am »
280 jobs!! in a compact area  seems youre doing very littkle work then.  youv been going at it donkeys yrs ? can only think your winding it down

Yep...20-25 hours a week,jobs vary....around 100 are larger properties (basically not 3 bed semis)...

I do have another 44 jobs just out of that 3 mile area but some of these are offices,children's homes and a few larger stand alones plus some flats...🙂

NWH

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023, 07:57:43 am »
I know what he means though KS you get some people trying to reel you in by saying every month 6 weeks what’s suits you etc,I just say we only take on regular cleans as we are busy enough.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2023, 08:01:21 am »
I know what he means though KS you get some people trying to reel you in by saying every month 6 weeks what’s suits you etc,I just say we only take on regular cleans as we are busy enough.
I also do the same as you, I turn down one off cleans unless I’m next door, then I price accordingly. But I don’t understand why anyone would offer the option of a one off clean with absolutely no intention of carrying out the work. Soon get a bad reputation.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2023, 08:13:13 am »

I have 324 jobs altogether which is more than enough for the hours I work.i just didn't put all their prices up.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2023, 08:25:22 am »
I also do the same as you, I turn down one off cleans unless I’m next door, then I price accordingly. But I don’t understand why anyone would offer the option of a one off clean with absolutely no intention of carrying out the work. Soon get a bad reputation.

Yeah you would do I agree I just try and not be so obvious when asking them the frequency.