This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Get more Customers with Becci Swan
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2022, 12:43:04 am »
A little over dramatic don't you think splash - I reckon about 1/2 my commercial clients require RAMS - none for regular window work as its WFP from the ground - Anything like roof cleaning and working on the live side of the airport - yes 100% Rams and sometime more..

Never been required to have safe contractor or any other money fleecing scheme - RAMS more than good enough with insurance of course

So when you canvassed for work, did you phone ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2022, 12:22:23 pm »
A little over dramatic don't you think splash - I reckon about 1/2 my commercial clients require RAMS - none for regular window work as its WFP from the ground - Anything like roof cleaning and working on the live side of the airport - yes 100% Rams and sometime more..

Never been required to have safe contractor or any other money fleecing scheme - RAMS more than good enough with insurance of course

So when you canvassed for work, did you phone ?

Darran

The example I gave is not un common  but fortunately doesn’t happen often but there have been many deaths in this job and the majority have resulted in both the  window cleaning company and the  client being prosecuted for  breach of H& S regulations .
As I said earlier we don’t chase work haven’t done so for over 15 years  ,but when I did yes I would phone firms up and speak to who ever was responsible for  maintenance etc ,  you don’t need a company to do it for you , if you are short on work you have the time to do it yourself if you are to busy then you don’t  need the work simple as that .  From the customers point of view I feel it comes over more professional as well , all our existing client base have stated they would not respond to phone canvassing and we cover from small shops to multi national companies ,part of running a successful business is knowing what the customers want and approaching in that way this is why we are in the position we are , again it’s not boasting but good business practice, I could easily double our work in less that 6 months if I wanted to  ,each month we are turning away a lot of potential work I don’t  want to expand any more and we are far to busy with what we have now . I have looked at franchising and it’s not for me
All commercial clients should be asking for RAMS  and insurance details , but I agree we have some that don’t .  Technically we should all have RAMS in place for domestic customers as well think if you have more than 5 employees?…but you would probably get away with that provided staff are able to do their own assessment on the day of work in their head .  Most local authority tenders will  want Chas , safe contractor or similar , personally don’t have theses as won’t pay there exorbitant prices , plus most that require this  are poor priced jobs  so we aren’t interested in theses contracts usually you can earn far more on half decent domestic work ,as an example our local authority wanted us to quote for  the town hall and 25 bus shelters , this was on a quarterly clean the winning contractor tendered £200  I would have been double that for the town hall only as it’s 4 storey and difficult location and has to be done out of normal working hours .
If phone canvassing  works for some that’s fine ime just sharing my experience from hundreds  of commercial customers based over a large area of the country , they are telling me it isn’t something that they would respond to .

Smudger

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2022, 12:31:17 pm »
We do council work don’t need Chas - (thankfully)

So if you ring up to canvas and I get tel can to ring up what’s the difference? - you’re still a stranger on the end of the phone (looking to meet up with a decision maker)

I used tel can as there is nothing worse than using the phone for a few hours - door canvassing r anything g face to face no problem - on The phone not for me

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2022, 12:59:19 pm »
We do council work don’t need Chas - (thankfully)

So if you ring up to canvas and I get tel can to ring up what’s the difference? - you’re still a stranger on the end of the phone (looking to meet up with a decision maker)

I used tel can as there is nothing worse than using the phone for a few hours - door canvassing r anything g face to face no problem - on The phone not for me

Darran
Down hear all local authority work you have to have Chas or safe contractor they are a pain they will only accept there chosen one , most of the contracts are done by firms up country as most local firms won’t quote for it as it’s so poorly paid . Funny thing is they still keep bombarding me with tendering emails we haven’t done any work for them in 15+ years , they were also very slow payers  took 3 months to get paid last time we did a job for them ( before they insisted on safe contractor etc ) .

Yes but they are speaking directly to the company that will be doing the work and most will ask questions on  the day before any appointments are made to visit , quite often the job is pretty much in the bag before the site visit if they like what they hear , as I said theses days it’s them phoning us not the other way round .

DJW

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2022, 01:14:55 pm »
My eyes have got RSI.

Thanks for that.

Splash & dash

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2022, 02:02:30 pm »
My eyes have got RSI.

Thanks for that.

No one is forcing you to read it 😂😂