This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Re: Get more Customers with Becci Swan
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2022, 09:24:58 pm »
and what is this?

“Consumer compliant contact data will need to be purchased and can be quoted for based on your specification and quantity.”

DJW

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 09:30:25 pm »
So Becci buys lists and numbers of names and addresses in your area? Goes through them all then sells her leads to you if you’ve registered to her at £16 per hour of her time?

Or have I totally misunderstood?

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 09:43:06 pm »
Close- if you want customers in an area ie. Post code or town - the tel can will ring the from a sourced list at £16 per hour (good rate) all those that show an interest phone number/addy are pasted to you for arranging a quote - there are variations on this but that’s more or less how it works

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2022, 09:50:36 pm »
As I said earlier, could be a decent way to get customers of higher value, offices, care homes, schools etc.

No chance this would be a worthwhile way of marketing to residential and especially one offs where the spend per customer will be far too low.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2022, 09:57:36 pm »
As I said earlier, could be a decent way to get customers of higher value, offices, care homes, schools etc.

No chance this would be a worthwhile way of marketing to residential and especially one offs where the spend per customer will be far too low.

No company worth their salt will respond to this type of canvassing especially schools and care homes , they always need  rams and a lot won’t allow loan working  they will usually chose the company that they want themselves and check them out they certainly aren’t going to use a 3rd party canvasser and have their details passed  on to joe  blogs  who has no idea what rams or insurance are 😂😂😂

deeege

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2022, 11:03:33 pm »

No company worth their salt will respond to this type of canvassing especially schools and care homes , they always need  rams and a lot won’t allow loan working  they will usually chose the company that they want themselves and check them out they certainly aren’t going to use a 3rd party canvasser and have their details passed  on to joe  blogs  who has no idea what rams or insurance are 😂😂😂

Eh?? It’s a call to introduce your company. If you think cold calling, business to business, doesn’t work, then I’m afraid you’re just wrong.

Rams and insurances are not even an issue, because they’ll be provided later on, just like they would if you were to pick up a lead from your website or by any other means.

Finishing your post with a load of 😂😂😂 doesn’t make you correct either.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2022, 11:18:32 pm »

Eh?? It’s a call to introduce your company. If you think cold calling, business to business, doesn’t work, then I’m afraid you’re just wrong.

Rams and insurances are not even an issue, because they’ll be provided later on, just like they would if you were to pick up a lead from your website or by any other means.

I have no idea what size company you run but one thing is for sure you aren’t going to get any decent jobs by this method , all the  commercial work we do they would laugh if you Evan suggested this , very few contracts are gained by you contacting the customer. Once well established the work comes to you not the other way round , doing a few shops you might pick up something but not any decent work ware it’s hundreds or thousands of pounds per  clean , been in this game a long time and the bull that’s posted  on hear  by so many keyboard warriors never ceases to amaze. 

deeege

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2022, 11:28:43 pm »

I have no idea what size company you run but one thing is for sure you aren’t going to get any decent jobs by this method , all the  commercial work we do they would laugh if you Evan suggested this , very few contracts are gained by you contacting the customer. Once well established the work comes to you not the other way round , doing a few shops you might pick up something but not any decent work ware it’s hundreds or thousands of pounds per  clean , been in this game a long time and the bull that’s posted  on hear  by so many keyboard warriors never ceases to amaze.

Is anyone who disagrees with you a keyboard warrior?

MCS posted back in this thread that he picked up a chain of care homes using this service, is he lying?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2022, 11:43:15 pm »
Sorry but I know from personal experience that cold calling businesses for a window cleaning service DOES work, and it works well.

The company we used (which was very similar to Becci Swan’s) set up appointments for us to go and quote, and I’d say we got about 60% of the jobs we quoted for.

That was a mixture of offices, care homes, the odd factory. Those businesses are often unhappy with their current window cleaner, or (more often) it is included in their general cleaning contract, and subbed out to some cheap rubbish company.

If you don’t think that it works then why not give it a go! £16 ph is very very reasonable.

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2022, 11:45:57 pm »

MCS posted back in this thread that he picked up a chain of care homes using this service, is he lying?

No not at all but from experience no big firms will use this method , they won’t deal with a 3 rd party  they will deal with you because  you have a reputation for doing this type of work  , we do work for a very large  well known company cleaning blocks of flats all over the country  they  have minimum standards that you as a contractor have to meet even to  quote for  the contracts , they wouldn’t deal with a canvassing company they look at the websites  of potential companies they want to use then contact you . If you  meet there standards then you get asked to quote , no one man band would be able to provide what they require  , and many small employers can’t either , theses big firms talk to other similar business  to their own and then you get recommendations and they come after you not the other way round .
I cannot  comment about  what ones say they have  gained by this method as no one know s but them but it’s very unusual , how many is a chain 2-3 4 ?..

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2022, 11:52:44 pm »
Sorry but I know from personal experience that cold calling businesses for a window cleaning service DOES work, and it works well.

The company we used (which was very similar to Becci Swan’s) set up appointments for us to go and quote, and I’d say we got about 60% of the jobs we quoted for.

That was a mixture of offices, care homes, the odd factory. Those businesses are often unhappy with their current window cleaner, or (more often) it is included in their general cleaning contract, and subbed out to some cheap rubbish company.

If you don’t think that it works then why not give it a go! £16 ph is very very reasonable.

We don’t need the work we are actively turning it away as cannot cope with any more , all the companies we deal with would not use this method , if it’s through a management company then yes you might get some jobs but again most small firms won’t be able to provide the required standards to  quote  . £16 per hour us very reasonable but we have always secured our own work so not needed to hire someone to do it for us . Looking at this think I should set up my own  lead generation as we are turning away a lot of potential  work

deeege

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2022, 11:58:56 pm »

No not at all but from experience no big firms will use this method , they won’t deal with a 3 rd party  they will deal with you because  you have a reputation for doing this type of work  , we do work for a very large  well known company cleaning blocks of flats all over the country  they  have minimum standards that you as a contractor have to meet even to  quote for  the contracts , they wouldn’t deal with a canvassing company they look at the websites  of potential companies they want to use then contact you . If you  meet there standards then you get asked to quote , no one man band would be able to provide what they require  , and many small employers can’t either , theses big firms talk to other similar business  to their own and then you get recommendations and they come after you not the other way round .
I cannot  comment about  what ones say they have  gained by this method as no one know s but them but it’s very unusual , how many is a chain 2-3 4 ?..

So you’ve highlighted one example of a large company that this wont work with. Does that mean this wont ever work with the other many thousands of business out there?

DJW

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2022, 07:59:08 am »
It would suit someone actively looking for work or a company looking to expand. I can see it working for commercial clients but can’t see it being particularly successful trying to pick up domestic work.
Just as well pop a card through the letterbox of areas you want.

I don’t want any work, I’m just interested in how the system works and the cost. The link to Beccis website doesn’t work for me either.

Spruce

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2022, 08:12:12 am »
When dealing with commercial vehicle sales in the motor trade, the first phone call was an exploratory one.
Do they run company vehicles? Who is responsible for vehicle purchases? What vehicles do they run. Size of fleet. Etc.
It's only once we had the relevant information that we could set up an appointment.

Becci will be doing the same thing on the phone. You will then go to the appointment she sets up and quote as required.

Yes, a lot of business enquiries snowball from your presence in that field as word gets around. But you can be assured that the businesses you work for are being prospected by other service trades.

If they are happy with your service then they will stick to you as long as your price is considered justifiable. The moment either your standard of service or price starts to be questioned, they will be open to other offers you may not know about initially.

It could be the first time you find out that they are dissatisfied with your service is when they don't renew your contact.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2022, 11:37:04 am »

So you’ve highlighted one example of a large company that this wont work with. Does that mean this wont ever work with the other many thousands of business out there?

If they are a reasonable size company yes they won’t use this method , try asking any big business how they decide on contractors , I did this market research  years ago all the companies we deal with would not use it , there words not mine when looking to grow your business you need to talk to existing customers to see how they get contractors that’s what we did and applied what they said , and it’s been very successful , as I said earlier you might get a few small jobs through it but I don’t know of anyone who does  decent commercial work that has got it using phone canvassing , it’s very rare that you will get through to the right department let alone the  right person they get bombarded with joe bloggs  who thinks he can clean there building and doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about , most won’t Evan speak to you they will say tge persons not available, or email your details they do this as a way of getting rid of you , this is what the large hotel chains and other jobs we do tell us they do .

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2022, 01:19:20 pm »
Can't see how she is cold calling residential. This isnt 1983 where you can pick up a phone book and dial landlines. Most people don't even have a land line and not sure how obtaining mobile numbers would be possible.

Only way I can see is running online ads to obtain contact details but then it isn't  old calling.....

Pretty sure this will be commercial only.

deeege

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2022, 02:50:36 pm »

Pretty sure this will be commercial only.

Read her ad in the op, she clearly states that she’s offering residential…

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2022, 04:25:29 pm »
I think you need to be a little more open minded splash
(edited - damn phone)

When established a lot of work does come to you - but in your be early days you need to get into somewhere

Our tel can work was excellent this led to us being recommended to others - now we are in with some large companies (approved suppliers and all that) but without the initial tel can getting us in through some doors - we would still be waiting for opportunity to come to us

For residential work - not so sure - roof cleaning would be worth it
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2022, 05:23:12 pm »
When dealing with commercial vehicle sales in the motor trade, the first phone call was an exploratory one.
Do they run company vehicles? Who is responsible for vehicle purchases? What vehicles do they run. Size of fleet. Etc.
It's only once we had the relevant information that we could set up an appointment.

Becci will be doing the same thing on the phone. You will then go to the appointment she sets up and quote as required.

Yes, a lot of business enquiries snowball from your presence in that field as word gets around. But you can be assured that the businesses you work for are being prospected by other service trades.

If they are happy with your service then they will stick to you as long as your price is considered justifiable. The moment either your standard of service or price starts to be questioned, they will be open to other offers you may not know about initially.

It could be the first time you find out that they are dissatisfied with your service is when they don't renew your contact.

There is a big difference between a dealership trying to supply a company with vehicles to a window cleaner trying to clean the windows on a big building  many jobs you cannot do on your own and the majority will be one man bands looking for more work so they would not have the resources or manpower to service a big contract .

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2022, 05:36:07 pm »
It I k you need to be a little more open minded splash

When established a lot of work does come to you - but in your be early days you need to get into somewhere

Our tel can work was excellent this led to us being recommended to others - now we are in with some large companies (approved suppliers and all that) but without the initial tel can getting us in through some doors - we would still be waiting for opportunity to come to us

For residential work - not so sure - roof cleaning would be worth it

When I started off I was asked to do some job retirement flats the job was  way above my skill set at the time wouldn’t have had a clue how to price it let alone do it , had no idea what rams was either , that was a long time ago .  Most of the commercial work we got years ago was by me going and speaking to the appropriate person and pursuing it and finding out what they would expect of us to get  there custom , such things as H &S  qualifications, iso 9001  , crb checks on staff ,safe contractor etc , I would never have got any of theses jobs by going to a phone canvasser , now the work comes to us we haven’t gone out looking for work for over 15 years we get asked to quote this type of building because we are well known for doing this work for others ,this isn’t boasting  it’s just telling it as it is , if you want decent commercial ones need ti get out there and sell themselves meet and greet the customers sell your services ti them , no phone canvassing can do that for you . It might get you some domestic but again phone canvassing cannot see what the building is like ie access , parking, and a host of other things si a lot of the leads you get will be a waist of time as they are probably jobs others don’t want or they would already have a cleaner , each to there own but from first hand experience the way to get quality work  is get it yourself.
No canvasser will get you into doors that you cannot get into better yourself , trust me on that one we are approved contractors to a number of very large  multi national companies , the reason they like and use us is because we do a good job and if there is any issues they speak to me and it’s sorted straight away .