This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Builders cleans, any magic chemicals?
« on: November 14, 2022, 08:41:19 pm »
Been years since I've done a serious builders clean.  Been asked to do one, I'm talking walls of glass panels. To be honest, I'm passed this kind of work, suppose I've got it too easy on my normal work.
Anyhow, before I turn it down, has anything changed from the old 'soap up and scrape' method? Is there any chemical that can be applied then wfp'd off? There's no way I'm doing this by hand!!😁
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

Re: Builders cleans, any magic chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 08:58:50 pm »
I did one on Friday actually for one that’s come back after the builders have finished and quiet enjoyed it,like you say it hasn’t changed I’m afraid although they didn’t need scraping upstairs just shows you they couldn’t be bothered on the ground floor I had to soap and scrape to remove silicone and label shadows.

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 08:59:33 pm »
🥜
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 09:30:49 pm »
I was looking at some cheap chemicals the other day I’m waiting for one to come back in stock as the one I’m after is 50p cheaper than the usual lol 😂 Cor blimey 🤣🤣🤣.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 10:01:28 pm »
Personally I would walk away , you can earn far more doing standard window cleans without the worry of being accused of causing scratches or damage , not worth the stress

DJW

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 10:04:29 pm »
How do you know what he’s charging?

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 11:12:58 pm »
Because you just wouldn't get the job if you charged what its really worth doing

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 06:52:09 am »
⬆️ and that’s why I don’t bother with them.

tonyoliver

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 06:58:41 am »
Because you just wouldn't get the job if you charged what its really worth doing

Darran
How true they are the worst jobs the painters are still painting you wait around whist some trades finish move the van 20 times  my last one job a foot of expanding foam sprayed onto a bifold all along it’s bottom edge  every window had concrete splattered on the outside and dust and stickers in the inside
I never give up a job willingly
I was  three  days in and still had the top three floors to do and the windows had no keys  and didn’t open fully like I was told
I gave up and walked away  the quote was for 500
Never ever again

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 09:11:49 am »

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 10:38:05 am »
Cheers, pretty much confirms my feelings!  ;D
Comfortably Numb!

KS Cleaning

NWH

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 11:30:15 am »
Oh sorry slipped up there I should know better than that warning 30 notes + an hour 💪🤣

Bungle

We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 02:16:12 pm »
Please not now I’m trying to save a few quid on important items for work even if it means it’ll stop me working and cost me a few days money lol.

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2022, 04:29:03 pm »
How do you know what he’s charging?

I 100% guarantee you he won’t be earning per day doing a builders clean what we earn doing regular easy repeat work .

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 05:54:48 pm »
Sorry, builders cleans are not for me.
It's that kind of job that can just bring you down mentally and pee you off for the rest of the week.
As for chems, I used yellow tins of lighter fluid to get rid of glue, obviously a sharp blade and a 'hands on' approach.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 07:46:26 pm »
I would charge more, obviously. But, even at double the price, for me personally it's still not worth the effort and hassle. I don't need it nor want it truth be told. This is why I sought knowledge of a possible easier, chemical based solution and failing this seals my decision. I'll stick with my little, comfortable bubble!😎👌
Comfortably Numb!