This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Natalyia

starting
« on: November 03, 2022, 08:05:35 pm »
Hello everybody. I hope to find some advice here. I am starting to work for myself, in the general cleaning segment. I am Ukrainian, I arrived three months ago. I have a little difficulty with the choice of chemicals and pricing. Chemistry is not so important, I will figure it out later. But prices are very difficult. I don't want to work for pennies, but I want to make a profit. I think everyone here is of the same opinion.
So. General cleaning of housing, not commerce. These can be separate areas. For example: kitchen, bathroom.
1. Kitchen - stove inside, refrigerator inside, microwave inside - are these additional positions? If so, what price to set. General cleaning in my understanding is cleaning "from ceiling to floor", washing all surfaces. And if the client wants to wash the inside of the lockers, then do they have to pay extra?
2. The bathroom can be very dirty. Take the price per hour of work or better fixed?
3. Room cleaning. Here it is easier, "from the ceiling to the bottom" how to count, temporarily or also fixed.
Please help me with prices. I feel like Tarzan, I don't understand a lot, but I have to take the will into my own hands and move on with life.

Joden

Re: starting
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 07:36:20 am »
Price per hour, ovens are extra, general clean of bathrooms are surfaces, anything extra is called a deep clean, as is a kitchen if inside of cupboards are wanted. Depends how much per hour you want to earn then estimate the time it will take and charge accordingly. Depends which area you live as inner cities generally higher rate. Hope this helps.

dustee

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 07:21:29 pm »
Take a look at other cleaners websites in and around your area , this will give you some idea as what to charge and whats involved

Natalyia

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 05:21:03 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I live in Somerset. On the sites, unfortunately, they do not write prices at all ((

dustee

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 09:12:08 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I live in Somerset. On the sites, unfortunately, they do not write prices at all

Thats easy got round , get them to come to your property on the pretence that you want it cleaning ask whats involved & cost of etc etc

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 09:27:08 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I live in Somerset. On the sites, unfortunately, they do not write prices at all

Thats easy got round , get them to come to your property on the pretence that you want it cleaning ask whats involved & cost of etc etc

You won’t get away with that very often ones aren’t daft they will soon pick up in it we get it occasionally with suposed new clients I can smell them a mile off 😂😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 11:08:23 pm »

Very unprofessional - how would you like it if people started wasting your time like this

If your going to run a business then at least have the gumption to work out a price
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk