This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

roof cleaning New
« on: November 01, 2022, 08:45:29 pm »
Hi Guys, ive finally decided to start doing a few roofs. Not easy work for sure, but starting off slowly with my own roof! and a couple of bungalows, double garage from my existing customers. Ive scraped the double garage, but looking to maybe pressure wash mine (house). There seems mixed views on pressure washing a roof, damaging it etc. I thought a small, light fsc might work best, not as harsh on the tiles as say a lance etc.
Im looking at getting a small fsc (Rutland Pumps) to attach to my long reach pole. Anyone use this method, i will stay off the roof and use a tower, dont have a cherry picker licence.
Also, im going to use a biocide rather then hypo, so initially looking to pump it on with a standard backpack (via a brush or nozzle), i can then also use the backpack for putting chemicals on conservatories, fascia boards etc, and for an add on to my van when two of us are out cleaning windows.
To also ask, im looking at Algo clear (for biocide) anyone use this and best place to get it from?
Any views on this appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.