This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin Lane

Re: Boots the chemist (rant)
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 06:41:42 pm »
We got asked to do 150 shops  twice a week, I was the 4th company in the line   that  would be taken a piece of the pie,  we refused the work, the top company  who had the contract was getting  £18 per clean   I  doubt  the window cleaner at the end of the line doing the work got £7 per clean
Yes there is loads of money in National contact work  but sadly not for the guys doing the work.

Martin

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2022, 06:45:10 pm »
Chemist are like banks and are all covered by NWC Group.
And most banks and chemists couldn't care less about window cleaning people will still use them regardless.

I do retail work have done for years it's like all window cleaning you get some good and some bad.

it's the same with residential it's not always profitable to pull up to one  stand alone job but get a few in a row and it can be a good earner.

Some retail pay very well to have their shops look clean.To state there's no money in it by people that don't do this type of work makes no sense.
That sounds about right to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2022, 06:50:23 pm »
Yeah spoke to a guy that used to do a bookies took him most of the morning to do 4 and cover the mileage,the National company we’re doing them at a loss at around 6 quid a shop.

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2022, 06:18:25 pm »
Mrs Window Cleaner works at Boots.
They had a great window cleaner for years and years, but then Boots got taken over by 'a large American company'
It all went down hill from there...cut backs!
Now a guy turns up, does a p awful job and life goes on...
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2022, 06:43:05 pm »
I just think it’s such a shame I know they got paid for it but they used to take pride in what they did the local guys,the high streets used to glisten at night.
You want to see how bad someone is with a squeegee look at the shop windows at night with the display lighting,it’s an eye opener what they pay for.

james peters

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2022, 07:19:39 pm »
I do a couple of garages and independant stores such as nica local.    All in the vicinity of my domestics . they get the signs done also a few times a year .
One of the stores had their  pvc cladding done last week . £240 for a mornings work, a nice change of scenery .

I dont target this work, but seem to be picking it up.
I have been doing a chapel of rest for a few years , and had to clean their small shop  selling the gravestones in the high street. although at first it was a bit of a pain, I eventualy picked up 2 restaurant fronts next door and another independant shop front.
all pay cash on completion.
On the other hand I have turned this type of work down if I feel its out of the way and of no benefit to me

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2022, 09:17:18 pm »
Local co-ops use one of those multi service companies - ie.. empty the bins, clean windows - hoover the office etc..

a year or so back one of there guys turned up - emptied the bins - went into his cab and pulled out a squeegee and mop - on the way to the windows dunked the mop in the puddle and proceeded to clean the glass

now thats what I call great service ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

tonyoliver

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2022, 11:04:45 am »
The boots in our part of the world like most big shops were cleaned by the local cleaners then in the 80s big nationals evolved and hoovered up the cleaning floor cleaning and so on then subbed it out to someone who subbed it out then onto someone who subbed it out then the local guy got offered his old clean back not at 25£ but £7 then made to wait. 110 days for the money as the guy who subbed it wouldn’t pay until the guy he subbed it from paid him and so on  same with builders cleans cinemas and large department stores then the hedge fund assets strippers moved in and killed the game completely I remember shops were spotless and the smallest mark in or out was noted by the manager now cleaned ad hoc by new comers to the uk who in all honesty know they are being shafted I got out when the cleaner was paid £2.50 an hour   Everyone loses the shops are filthy and the prices skills and will to do a good job gone forever

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2022, 11:32:01 am »
Doing chain stores is a compleate waist of time I did quite a few when I started over 23 years ago as I needed the work , looking back now was the worst decision I ever made should have spent that time canvassing much better work , we do shops now but only privately owned ones

NWH

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2022, 11:37:42 am »
Not the 80s so Tony more like the late 90s.

Shrek

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 07:03:42 pm »
We got asked to do 150 shops  twice a week, I was the 4th company in the line   that  would be taken a piece of the pie,  we refused the work, the top company  who had the contract was getting  £18 per clean   I  doubt  the window cleaner at the end of the line doing the work got £7 per clean
Yes there is loads of money in National contact work  but sadly not for the guys doing the work.

Martin

How much do employees get from the multivan operators on here per clean/per house if they’re on £10 an hour?… maybe £3 per house if doing 3 semis an hour??

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2022, 07:08:27 pm »
Not that much - more like 3 shillings and sixpence  ;)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2022, 07:15:10 pm »
It won’t be long before they are glad  of a flat £10 an hour I’ve just watched the news 😂.

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2022, 07:22:27 pm »
Not that much - more like 3 shillings and sixpence  ;)

Thought so 😐

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2022, 11:29:15 pm »
Gotta tow the TORY line - no pay rises - minimal perks  (after all they do get paid for having a month off each year - ya know) - stops them going on strike as they cant afford the time off   - keep them workers where they belong - with your boot on their necks ;D

james peters

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2022, 08:11:10 am »
I had a call from a company that is in charge of the cleaning for an  m4   services near me .
he said the budget is for twice a month , in and out  at £40 per visit.    I declined, he did ask how much I would want.   I said £120 and payment on completion.....
I didnt get the job ;D ;D ;D

Shrek

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 08:17:25 am »
Gotta tow the TORY line - no pay rises - minimal perks  (after all they do get paid for having a month off each year - ya know) - stops them going on strike as they cant afford the time off   - keep them workers where they belong - with your boot on their necks ;D

Hmm 🤨…. not much difference between you and the national company’s then eh?

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2022, 09:56:17 am »
👍 yes mate - all us employers are out to screw the worker not a good un among us eh ! 🤔🙄🙄🙄

Shrek

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2022, 10:49:04 am »
👍 yes mate - all us employers are out to screw the worker not a good un among us eh ! 🤔🙄🙄🙄

I wasn’t saying your out to screw your workers , you said that in your own sarcastic reply 😁. I was clearly saying that a subby getting a subby getting a subby who is paid £7 a clean is no different to the smaller multivan operators paying £3 per semi to their employees 👌

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2022, 01:06:28 pm »
A d that’s where you total lack of understanding comes to the fore…

With comments like that sarcasm is all your statement is worth

A subby and paid worker are totally different  - have a think to see if you can work it out

Darran