This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

Boots the chemist (rant)
« on: October 31, 2022, 06:10:07 pm »
I just went to a local chemist and the front of the shop was the mankiest snot ridden phole on the planet. Every spithead has gobbled and ped on the windows since time began. And nobody has cleaned it at all for a very long time.

If it is dirty it is fair game.

The same town has an old window cleaner who has been there forever and the whole highstreet use him and his jobs are all spotless.

The thing that passes me off is that somebody somewhere is putting in a bill every month and leaving the High Street looking like a sithole, because theyre too bone idle to do the work. While all the time there are good hard working people who could get the job done properly and probably for less.

I am going to nail this f***ing shop to the floor and take any others with it.

For any olds out there, I just bagged a cathedral, all I need now is a Palace and I have got a full set.🤠
Llaaww

if it is dirty it is fair game

G Griffin

Re: Boots the chemist (rant)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »
🤨
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 07:04:29 pm »
🤨

Big Farmer's getting ripped off by window cleaners?  ;D

It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 07:08:17 pm »
🤨

Big Farmer's getting ripped off by window cleaners?  ;D
Clearly ;D.
It was an interesting rant anyway 👏.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 07:51:07 pm »
I just went to a local chemist and the front of the shop was the mankiest snot ridden phole on the planet. Every spithead has gobbled and ped on the windows since time began. And nobody has cleaned it at all for a very long time.

If it is dirty it is fair game.

The same town has an old window cleaner who has been there forever and the whole highstreet use him and his jobs are all spotless.

The thing that passes me off is that somebody somewhere is putting in a bill every month and leaving the High Street looking like a sithole, because theyre too bone idle to do the work. While all the time there are good hard working people who could get the job done properly and probably for less.

I am going to nail this f***ing shop to the floor and take any others with it.

For any olds out there, I just bagged a cathedral, all I need now is a Palace and I have got a full set.🤠
Llaaww

Your whinging about another window cleaner who gets paid to clean the whole town and the windows are full off p!$$ and gobble? and that you want to do it cheaper than him?? …

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 08:41:27 pm »
Sounds like Boots don't have a window cleaner or am I missing something??
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 08:44:27 pm »
On a side note my and Mrs Bungle went to McDonald's for breakfast at 8:30 this morning. The windows had been WFP outside and trad inside. I could tell cause I'm a pro. Looked a half decent job tbf. Probably only got paid £10 for it though.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 09:29:43 pm »
Like the Wild West cleaning McDonald’s-Boots etc I don’t know why people even go after that kind of chaff these days,knew someone that did em 25 years ago at 3-4 o’clock in the morning when it was worth getting up for. 

H2GoKent

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2022, 06:30:20 am »
I used to do a lot of retail, I do a lot less now. Used to make about 150 before breakfast 3 days a week, easy start to the day for me as I always wake up early always have.

The larger nationals charge a standard price, then sub it out, and sometimes it's subbed out by the subbie. :)

Retail is really struggling nowadays so they cut all the cleaning to the bone.
Used to my nearby Debenhams, the spec was 3 times a week, then 2, then 1.  Then they got it done by a guy they employed on a day rate who always looks very stressed
My local Boots is filthy as well so it's probably done once a month, if that. A lot of these long long established chains are broke and only stay in business because they are supported by fund managers and the shares are being passed around like a game of pass the parcel, in the end the music stops and they go into Liquidation, think of Woolworths, Debenhams
Next time you're in a High Street have a look around and you can almost tell the stores that are struggling, WH Smith always looks filthy as well.

Retail can still be ok, can be done regardless of the weather, you can sub it out when you want a break or if you get a lot of it, but it's definitely not the cash cow it used to be
Funnily enough I'm just going to do some now, it's raining and windy and I'll still do them be done by 9,  good result
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

zesty

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 07:18:39 am »
Used to do a five guys through some big cleaning company. Only did it as I do the apartments above.

Sacked it off within a few cleans. They wanted photos of inside and out, some stupid app filled in and signed off. All for £15.

Would have done it if it wasn’t through this middl man company.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 07:25:06 am »
Also used to do plenty of retail. Suited me perfectly as all done before breakfast when I was up anyway. Primark 5x per week, Next 2 x per week and about 20 other national shops. Used to turn over £2k + per month and all nice and easy work. The arse fell out of it all though and I only have a couple hundred quid a month now. Shame as I still like doing it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 07:32:51 am »
On a side note my and Mrs Bungle went to McDonald's for breakfast at 8:30 this morning. The windows had been WFP outside and trad inside. I could tell cause I'm a pro. Looked a half decent job tbf. Probably only got paid £10 for it though.
Your getting as bad as me fat boy ;D

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 10:24:20 am »
Your getting as bad as me fat boy ;D

I'll give you that one 😂

NWH

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 11:42:23 am »
The National companies ruined it all windows and high street office cleaning you could make a fantastic living cleaning shop windows and a dozen offices every week,not even worth trying to park up now and shops that have money now won’t have within the next year.
Commercial companies taking longer and longer to pay their bills I’m hearing from a few windys I know.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 11:43:03 am »
Round our way the the staff are doing the windows (Mc D's) - they do them in/out with a spray bottle of something and a large roll of blue towel.....

yes they look  as sh!t after as they did before stating them... ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 11:59:08 am »
It’ll get back to the way it was eventually with shops using window cleaners,in about 15 years time 😂

colin bird

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 03:25:56 pm »
i know nwh gets a lot of flack for his post but i have to say he does talk a lot of sense in my opinion

NWH

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 03:47:53 pm »
You wait all of a sudden you’re too expensive or to regular or actually you don’t do that great a job lol,the absolute nonsense people come out with when their skint why not just say can we go to 4 monthly instead of 6 weekly or 2 monthly c’mon they’ll need cleaning.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2022, 04:11:01 pm »
Chemist are like banks and are all covered by NWC Group.
And most banks and chemists couldn't care less about window cleaning people will still use them regardless.

I do retail work have done for years it's like all window cleaning you get some good and some bad.

it's the same with residential it's not always profitable to pull up to one  stand alone job but get a few in a row and it can be a good earner.

Some retail pay very well to have their shops look clean.To state there's no money in it by people that don't do this type of work makes no sense.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2022, 05:59:48 pm »
Of course some will still pay well I’m looking at it as a whole and what’s happened over the last 10-15 years,it’s coming in the next 6 months to a year and it ain’t the window cleaner lol.
One minute a company will pay over the odds for window cleaning and you can think blimey good little earner  this one,I’ve had it next minute they don’t want them cleaning anymore and you continue to drive by for the next few years and see they’ve still not bothered.
If you’re not in with the Burser etc on commercial stuff you’ve lost before you’ve started,the big stuff you need a few brown envelopes in the van 😂.