This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Pricing pressure washing
« on: July 26, 2022, 05:55:14 pm »
We do a bit of pressure washing mainly domestic but have been asked by an existing customer to do a block paved area 1700 sm , it’s never been cleaned it’s 10 years old and is at a university campus there is a lot of chewing gum that they want removing they have stated they want it treating with a sanitiser first then pressure washed . We don’t have a hot washer only  cold and think it would need hot to remove the gum ? Any advice on doing the job or pricing would be appreciated they also want it re sanding , thanks in advance

Smudger

Re: Pricing pressure washing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:48:59 pm »
Don’t even attempt it unless your hot - chewing gum won’t shift (well not easily)
You could hire a hot p/w and of corse add that to the price - what about wAter? Do you need a a stand pipe?
I would p/w first then sanatise

Depends on how good your chaps are and how heavy the gum deposits are as to price vs time but a guide would be £5 to £7 p/m Ona relatively overall light gum contamination

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 09:31:29 pm »
Don’t even attempt it unless your hot - chewing gum won’t shift (well not easily)
You could hire a hot p/w and of corse add that to the price - what about wAter? Do you need a a stand pipe?
I would p/w first then sanatise

Depends on how good your chaps are and how heavy the gum deposits are as to price vs time but a guide would be £5 to £7 p/m Ona relatively overall light gum contamination

Darran

Thanks for that Darran there is a lot of gum , it’s filthy  the figures you say was the ball park I was thinking but never done gum removal on this scale and don’t have hot , another firm have quoted £4:66 per sm  plus vat I said we would be dearer than that , it’s a big university and we already do a lot of work for them ( windows) mainly , trying to hire a decent hot washer down hear is virtually impossible,  might pay  to give the job a miss and concentrate on the glass 😂😂😂 thanks for your wise words

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 05:00:28 pm »
Always happy to help if I can

I will tho - get yourself a good system and works comes flying in

already had to buy a second Torik after 3 months to keep up with demand  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk