van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Vacs and pump configuration
« on: July 20, 2022, 03:22:47 pm »
I may be answering my own question but on extraction machines with 6.6 motors it’s it switch one for vac 1 and then switch 2 for vac 2 with water pump each vac having their own leads?

jmj

Re: Vacs and pump configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 06:17:06 pm »
My 800psi Storm has vac 1 and pump on the first switch and then vac 2 on the other.

hth

JandS

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 09:50:50 am »
My Enforcer has 3 switches one for each vac and one for pump.......two leads one for vacs and pump and one for heater.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 09:05:54 pm »
My ‘thought’ are or may be not lol

I’m planning to put another van on the road , anyway after a seeing the inside of an ambulance which had 3 pin sockets for their machinery I was thinking of mounting a machine in the van  and letting (if possible) the electrics from the van run the water pump but have an extension to the home with 2 x vacs.

Where’s John Martin when you need him?

john martin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 07:04:43 pm »

Hes here  ...
you could  ...  its seems like a lot of trouble to me  ...  the reason you want to run the pump from the van battery is because you dont want to run two cords to the house ?   its not much more hassle to run two as to run one  , or tie two extensions cords together ? 
also you'd have to look into the running time youd get on the pump from the battery  , youd need a second battery on a split charge system  ... than a 50AH  lasts 6hours using a 100w  device  ... so if a  Storm 800psi half HP pump is about 350w ...    would last a couple of hours on paper , perhaps not last a full days cleaning without charging again . 
Was never fond of the vanmounted portable setup myself   , most of the time its just easier to pull it out and get close to the job .  But it suits some i suppose .     
What machine are you considering .

Steve_Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 08:37:20 am »
Hi Shaun

Just buy a second hand entry level TM

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 09:21:07 pm »
I’ m not sure what I’m after atm I recently had a trip in an ambulance and saw the plug sockets in there it got me thinking and John saw right through me regarding the one cord.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 09:34:02 am »
Bang a  generator in the back and save the hassle with cords.....
But I think Steve is right,  get another tm.