van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kikjason

Re: Who's working Monday Tuesday?
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2022, 07:13:09 pm »
Worked while 12.30;wasn't that bad really I was going to carry on till I got in car and couldn't even touch steering wheel it was that hot..thought sod that I'm going home😃

CleanClear

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2022, 07:39:52 pm »
Bunch of snowflakes. 😁

We had a lovely day today, 8:30 till 5 pm.

It genuinely wasn’t too bad in Scotland. 30 degrees-ish tops I reckon.

Even got two calippos and a solero from
Customers. Happy days.  8)

You're only about 20 years old arn't ya ? Do you get bags of Haribos off them too at other times ?  ;D ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

james peters

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2022, 08:09:21 pm »
Glad I’m minted . Don’t don’t have to go out cleaning windows in ridiculously high temperatures. Been in and out of the hot tub , all day, which we turned into a cold tub . Ice pops and magnums galore . Have a couple of days off . Back at it on Wednesday.

we have done the same , put it to 28 degrees , but the sun keeps it up at 30  :o

Steven Biggs

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2022, 12:07:59 am »
Yeh , ours went up 2 degrees as well .

Jonny 87

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2022, 07:15:42 am »
Bunch of snowflakes. 😁

We had a lovely day today, 8:30 till 5 pm.

It genuinely wasn’t too bad in Scotland. 30 degrees-ish tops I reckon.

Even got two calippos and a solero from
Customers. Happy days.  8)

You're only about 20 years old arn't ya ? Do you get bags of Haribos off them too at other times ?  ;D ;D

I’m 34 but I’ll take all the haribos and ice lollies I can get. 😁

Just getting the van filled up and ready for another day. I’ll do the same as yesterday and just go out, and see how I feel. So far I’m still on track to get my work finished and have some time off at the end of the week. 😎
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2022, 07:33:47 am »
When I came out of the gym last night at 930pm it felt very warm...almost like being in Mexico.i drove around a bit with my air con blasting just to cool off after a heavy session....

Last day today then back to normal tomorrow lads.....

One thing I hate about this weather is I don't sleep very well...I think ill take a leaf out of Adams book and buy an air conditioning unit for my bedroom...👍
price higher/work harder!

EandM

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2022, 08:11:39 am »
28.2c at 8am. I believe that is a first for West Dorset.

markymark

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2022, 08:22:25 am »
Well, mixing this with the Heatwave thread, I'm just working slightly shorter days and concentrating on getting through the work. I had a month off in May and now I have to catch up - there are worse problems I know. Plenty of fluids, factor 50 and keeping covered as sensibly as possible and taking my time are key. It's about knowing your limits as it's more a marathon than a sprint.
I'm also using the weather as a TwUnT Indicator - I have a few customers who are quite likely to sit there with a drink and watch me work. They're the ones who will be getting another price hike  8)
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

deeege

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2022, 08:59:08 am »
First full day on a 5 day College clean. 28 degrees already.  I reckon this afternoon may be a real test.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2022, 10:32:01 am »
Been sat doing my accounts since half 7 this morning curtains closed and fan on. Just nipped outside to get something, sod that  ;D it's 31 degrees already here  :o

Why suffer back to normal tomorrow and crack on in relative comfort hopefully

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2022, 11:59:32 am »
At 8 am went to Aldi's with Mrs. Gold. Really cool inside - cold even. Filled up at Costco for starting work tomorrow. Back at home by 9.30.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

alank

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2022, 12:03:45 pm »
Did a few local finished for 10 and had a cold outdoor shower on the swing seat with a glass of tonic water and ice by 10.30  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2022, 01:05:19 pm »
Feels hotter today.

Think Im done for today. That'll do.

Shrek

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2022, 02:30:47 pm »
Definitely feels hotter today , finished abit earlier as the last job had work going on

Slacky

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2022, 02:53:09 pm »
I went back out and did a couple more.

Im off to Canada for two weeks tomorrow ;)

Shrek

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2022, 03:07:18 pm »

Nice 👌, I’m off to turkey on Monday 39° 😭

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2022, 03:07:57 pm »
First full day on a 5 day College clean. 28 degrees already.  I reckon this afternoon may be a real test.

i worked 815am til 130pm......it was reading 39c in the van on the way home!...this weather could easily tip me over into sun stroke territory i reckon..ABSOLUTELY BAKING OUT THERE!

I would say it could be dangerous working more than 6 or 7 hours in this....it was a lot hotter this morning than yesterday first thing
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2022, 03:24:47 pm »

Nice 👌, I’m off to turkey on Monday 39° 😭

This is what awaits me.

deeege

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2022, 03:45:06 pm »

i worked 815am til 130pm......it was reading 39c in the van on the way home!...this weather could easily tip me over into sun stroke territory i reckon..ABSOLUTELY BAKING OUT THERE!

I would say it could be dangerous working more than 6 or 7 hours in this....it was a lot hotter this morning than yesterday first thing

Just finished. 7:30 - 3:30 but took a full hour for lunch and rested whilst the van filled up.

Wasn’t too bad really, wouldn’t want to be overweight or unfit working in this heat though, then it could get dangerous.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2022, 05:51:05 pm »
I went out to fill the van about 2pm, never felt heat like it not even abroad.  I dont know how anyone has worked a full day in that. Glad its over tomorrow  8)