Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul PDS

Will Prochem Galaxy (or similar) work for me?
« on: May 30, 2022, 01:08:13 pm »
Hi

I’ve been carpet and upholstery cleaning for well over 25 years and always used Prochem (Currently the large Stempro Powermax machine) and associated chemicals / attachments.  My business was formerly called ‘PDS Cleaning & Maintenance’ and 80% of the work was end of tenancy cleaning and carpet cleaning through the 20 or so Letting Agents that I’ve built up relationships with over the years.  The remainder was painting, decorating and general maintenance.

Fast forward to now, and for various reasons I’ve altered my business model, shortened the business name to ‘PDS Maintenance’ and 85% of my work is painting, decorating and post tenancy maintenance.  I still get the ‘odd’ carpet cleaning job and still find these to be profitable.  My quandary and where I need some assistance, is that I’m not getting any younger, my system is 7 years old (although still works well) but VERY heavy for single handed getting in and out of the van and in some cases up several flights of stairs to apartments.  I'll soon need to downgrade to a new smaller machine, and on the basis that it’s only likely to be used maybe twice a month, I don’t want to spend a fortune that will take me 2+ years to recover.  Although I  also don’t want to end up with something that means the quality of my work is going to plummet.

So... I've been looking at Prochem Galaxy and the mid-range Karcher units, that on price / size tick all of the boxes, although opinions seem to be somewhat divided as to whether you'd want to clean a whole house with one, albeit only occasionally?   Considering all of the above, is anyone able to offer a solution!?  If my only option is to spend £3 – 4k and end up with another heavy setup I’ll probably decide to knock this side of the business on the head.

Many thanks in advance
(PS, I'll probably have a large Prochem Powermax for sale in a few weeks)

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Will Prochem Galaxy (or similar) work for me?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 06:34:36 pm »
170 psi and 2 stage vac will do an ok ish job on small scale with a short hose..

it's only a single jet wand, and the tank is really small..

I'm looking at smaller machines as I'm similar with 75% of my work being leather.. Eyeing up a galaxy, or going for an miniflex lx130 or even a hx220.. just dunno which one..

GS Clark

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 06:54:46 pm »
Have a look at Ashby's Sensei. Great little machine & twin jet !

Steve_Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 07:59:20 pm »
I have a Kleenrite Edge machine for sale
Twin Vacs 400 psi pump and an inline heater which gets very hot!
Comes complete with vac and solution hose and two jet wand.