This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

pressure washer won't prime
« on: March 05, 2022, 02:25:52 pm »
hi guys just thought i'd recommission the p washer after winter storage, engine turns on nice but the AR pump won't prime. I've pulled the VRT3 unloader apart and all appears to be well, any other ideas? There's no funny noises or vibrations, the pump seems to be spinning round ok. cheers. Richard

rb4no

Re: pressure washer won't prime
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 04:01:23 pm »
just worked it out! I connected the garden hose to the pump inlet and water should pass through the pump to the high pressure outlet if all is well. This didn't happen so I had to free the inlet valves which were sticking what with being laid up all winter! once finger pushed free and given the once over I connected my garden hose again to the inlet of the pump and pushed some water through which this time went all the way through the pump. That confirmed that the valves were the culprit. P washer all set up and ready for the new season...

Robyn K. Jackman

Re: pressure washer won't prime New
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:35:22 am »
just worked it out! I connected the garden hose to the pump inlet and water should pass through the pump to the high pressure outlet if all is well.. This didn't happen so I had to free the inlet valves which were sticking what with being laid up all winter! once finger pushed free and given the once over I connected my garden hose again to the inlet of the pump and pushed some water through which this time went all the way through the pump. That confirmed that the valves were the culprit. P washer all set up and ready for the new season...

It was nice to follow and read the process. Thanks.