This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Banks

New Enquiry - Russian Potential Customer
« on: March 02, 2022, 02:19:30 pm »
Had an email enquiry from a potential customer.  In the email she stated that he window cleaner has refused to continue the service due to her nationality and wanted me to quote.   

What is the general feeling on this.   I was surprised  that this has happened and I intend to quote as normal.  The world has gone mad.  But what are peoples thoughts.

Richard iSparkle

Re: New Enquiry - Russian Potential Customer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 02:21:34 pm »
Had an email enquiry from a potential customer.  In the email she stated that he window cleaner has refused to continue the service due to her nationality and wanted me to quote.   

What is the general feeling on this.   I was surprised  that this has happened and I intend to quote as normal.  The world has gone mad.  But what are peoples thoughts.

its ridiculous

unless they are an oligarch or Putin himself... or involved in the war somehow?...

they've chosen to live in the UK. that itself probably means they arent a fan of Mr Putin
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 03:30:45 pm »
Its a bit daft but i quite like the sentiment. Good for him

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:48 pm »
I have two Russian customers and they are great. I'd take them on in a heartbeat.

My daughter's degree is part Russian, she was in Moscow in 2019 and given lodgings with a Russian teacher and her mother (typical бабушка) and they were great.

My daughter as part of her degree is acting as a teaching assistant on placement in a foreign language school for Russian and one of the teacher's is Russian. She was crying on invasion day because she is Russian, her mother is Russian but her father is Ukrainian. She is too young to remember the cold War and is very upset.

Another teacher from St Petersburg is worried because her brother is there and against the war but few are brave enough to speak out.

Judge each individual on their own merit I say.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 03:35:11 pm »

Are you saying you agree with cancelling the customer because she is a Russian living here?
It's a game of three halves!

Gringo

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:39:19 pm »
Just say it's double the normal price due to increase in diesel, because of that eejit Putin

Gringo

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 03:41:55 pm »
It's not Abramovich is it, as he's prob after a one off cause he's selling up, tell him it's x5

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 03:42:10 pm »

Like the sentiment? Not sure what there’s  to like about it. Plenty of Russians are more anti this war than we are. It’s against their neighbours. It’s like us invading Scotland. They all have friends and relatives there.

You want to do something to really support Ukrainian people, you can give money or donate
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 04:18:20 pm »
And on that note,
I would like to take this opportunity to say that in Bournemouth, an aid centre has been set up at Castlepoint where you can donate blankets, clothes, supplies etc to help the Ukrainians. Mrs Window Cleaner works in Boots and yesterday, used her staff discount to buy £60 worth of feminine hygiene products and baby foods etc to donate.
The supplies will be flown from Bournemouth airport to Poland, where many refugees are flocking.

This is bound to be happening in your area too, so please keep a look out.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Granny

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 05:46:41 pm »
One of our best custies is Russian, been doing it for years, regular payment online, missed loads of cleans for work on the house, ages behind for bad weather,  still pays, not like some who miss cleans for holidays,  great people, lots of coffees etc.
I never thought we would see this in our lifetime.
 ???

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 06:00:47 pm »

Like the sentiment? Not sure what there’s  to like about it. Plenty of Russians are more anti this war than we are. It’s against their neighbours. It’s like us invading Scotland. They all have friends and relatives there.

You want to do something to really support Ukrainian people, you can give money or donate

Allow me to explain, i think its daft as its obviously not the customers fault for the reasons you pointed out. I wouldnt dump a customer because they are russian.

However im not totally agaisint him taking that stance as the situation is disgusting and theres little we can do so him taking that stance probably makes him feel like hes doing something in his own way.  Russian sports teams seem to be getting banned from a lot of international competitions, its not their fault either but its making a statement which is the bit i can understand.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 06:03:24 pm »

Are you saying you agree with cancelling the customer because she is a Russian living here?

No not really, but then again im not dead against it either. I can see whey he might feel that way.

I dont mind his stance lets put it that way.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 06:05:30 pm »
Is the customer an oligarch? If so there’s a good chance it was Nigel who refused to continue the service, after all he keeps telling everyone all his customers are loaded😁

JandS

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 07:03:54 pm »
Oh dear what to do......I have a German customer.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Burd

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 07:15:47 pm »
And on that note,
I would like to take this opportunity to say that in Bournemouth, an aid centre has been set up at Castlepoint where you can donate blankets, clothes, supplies etc to help the Ukrainians. Mrs Window Cleaner works in Boots and yesterday, used her staff discount to buy £60 worth of feminine hygiene products and baby foods etc to donate.
The supplies will be flown from Bournemouth airport to Poland, where many refugees are flocking.

Just a word of caution on this. I saw some info that because the items have to travel through the EU if on land, there might be issues with documentation as each individual item needs to be declared. Better giving cash unless you know the organisers know what they are doing.

Bungle

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 07:24:40 pm »
And on that note,

👏 to your Mrs. Our neighbour is Ukrainian. Her family are in the east in Poltava. Her dad has left to go and help out in other areas that have been targeted. The girl next door is organising an aid mission. My Mrs is running round the house scooping everything up we don't use up. I'm not letting her send my vodka though 😃
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 07:25:36 pm »
And on that note,

Just a word of caution on this. I saw some info that because the items have to travel through the EU if on land, there might be issues with documentation as each individual item needs to be declared. Better giving cash unless you know the organisers know what they are doing.

You what! 🙄
We look at them, they look through them.

forest

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 07:50:41 pm »
You can’t mistreat a person based on what someone else is doing. Do we all agree having parties was ok in lockdown because they had them in Downing Street? Of course not. So why does this window cleaner treat this lady as Putin. Different if she backs the war but other than that take the job.

mike1986

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 08:06:46 am »
I would take her on but impose heavy sanctions on her. Oh and don’t let her pay you in Rubles 😳

DJW

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 08:11:52 am »
Putin an extortionate price.