Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David 123

Upgrade machines
« on: February 21, 2022, 06:58:23 pm »
Hello all,
I’m new to this group so please be gentle, I’m looking to naturally upgrade some of my equipment, now it’s mostly commercial works I do and very little if any general domestic work, I’m looking for general advice or expertise with an upgrade to my equipment, my current set up is,
2x Comac Orbital sprayers (dry foam)
2x Tennant E5 extraction machines
2x Santoemma Sabrina extraction machines,
My point is I’m looking something that will be a decent upgrade and not a sideways step from what I have, I have been looking at Santoemma Elite silent or the Santoemma Powerful silent, but look any advice welcome, but it’s large areas we do
Thanks in advance
David

Cleanevangelist

Re: Upgrade machines
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:56:34 pm »
Hi David

Avoiding fatigue and maximising  profit are your goals  when talking about commercial carpet cleaning.  keeping costs down on labour, machines and products should be your focus.

I have worked for lots of big commercial cleaning companies and they just stick a person on the end of a wand with some basic product. so the bar is low.  but this also means that so will be the cost to the customer.

Getting maximum square yardage per hour is important. so what equipment will do this for you? you are faced with lots of different soil levels and having the equipment and cleaning methods to meet them will give you the speed needed.

I noticed you did not mention vacuum cleaners? as you know much of the dirt in a carpet is dry. and most contact cleaners don't vacuum very well.

Your orbitals give you the coverage and speed and extraction will deal with heavy soil traffic areas.

I am guessing that there are two of you and the exciting part is that you really need flexible help not more equipment. A person that want to earn some extra cash now and then maybe? when the jobs come around. there are a lot of people right now that are on basic hour wage that need extra cash. with inflation just around the corner you should not have a problem finding people.

Must say I am jealous, but wish you all the best as it sounds like your in a great place right now. good luck

Respects

Ian Harper