Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Fresh Prince of ...
« on: February 11, 2022, 11:38:55 pm »
https://www.amtechuk.co.uk/shop/belair-carpet-cleaning-machine-pid-1012.html

Interesting  ,   looks american sourced . Body build wouldnt worry ashbys or alltec but not a bad little machine at the right price .  And Amtech are great to deal with  , glad they have something other than the powerflites .
The Motors look to be the 6.6 LX single stage ( as distinct from the usual 6.6 two stage )   the single stage versions are only used in series but are supposed to perform really well . 

john martin

Re: Fresh Prince of ...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 11:43:02 pm »
actually they look to be using a 1300w version of the single stage , so not quite the lx   (1600w )  but the idea seems to be to make it a one cord machine .   Could easily swap out one or two vacs later for the regular two stage 6.6  ... (they are only 94 on amazon  )  :)

Lewis Newby

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 06:43:05 pm »
Seen this and wondered how they got it all on one cord , looks a fair spec for the money , performance should be up on the older machines - I had a pfx 1350 and airflow was dire. It's always good to see new machines and ideas.

AJB

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 09:33:31 am »
The PFX1350 is a VO machine so airflow will not be high, it is built for lift.
The configuration of this machine is also VO so i fear you will be disappointed with it.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

john martin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 12:17:07 pm »
AJB   ,  generally the less stages the vac has the more airflow but  the less lift .
The spec for one of these single stage 1300w vacs is aprox 170 cfm and  7 HG .
The low lift makes them not really suitable for parallel but they work well in series .

Id say the performance of this machine is similar to a traditional parallel machine .( perhaps better )

also i see its got a hose connector for an exhaust so could be easily boosted by adding cleansmarts 6.6 in a box   ... or a diy version just plugged into the back

Amtech also mention they have a new inline heater coming soon,

they seem to have ended their relationship with powerflite and cfr and all the machines they were selling before .

jmj

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 12:40:51 pm »
The PortaHeat was the best inline heater I have owned and I've tried most. Lets hope the new one is as good.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 08:33:35 pm »
My porta heat died before Xmas , I did speak to amtech last year about them and they said they would get back to me with a price as they may be able to make them to order , never heard back sadly, so I ended up buying a magma before Xmas.

I've just got a TM , so won't be buying a porty again 🙈🙈 but it's good to see some  new machines out