Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Farhan

Cleaning machine
« on: February 02, 2022, 02:59:20 am »
Hope everyone is well. Around a year ago I started a small carpet cleaning business with fixed prices. Equipment wise i used a karcher puzzi 10/1, various chemicals and brushes etc. I know the puzzi isn’t considered a proper machine and more of a touch up machine - which I agree with. So I’ve decided moving forward I’d like to get a new machine. Nothing too expansive, large or heavy.

I’m looking at the PRO CHEM GALAXY AX 500. Can anyone give their opinions? The karcher requires a lot of work to extract dirt from heavily soiled carpets due to low suction & spray pressure.. also considering a CRB, any recommendations?

Really hoping a superior machine & CRB will save my lower back

Cleanevangelist

Re: Cleaning machine
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:12:29 am »
Hi Farhan

Its not so much about the machine but the method of cleaning. You want a setup that can cover most or all. Prochem teaches you about the connection between their products and soil levels, and restoration. there are about 13 methods to choose from.

Methods can make you more productive. Cleaning large areas of light soil carpet with hot water extraction can cause you fatigue, and time.  this will reflect in your price and might cause you to loose some quotes.  having the equipment to deal with light, medium, and heavy soil is the solution but a higher investment in equipment to cover all methods.

My recommendation would be to focus on training to clean upholstery. its a much more profitable market because of the skill needed and its a problem that people cant solve themselves.

Good Luck

Ian

Farhan

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 08:48:03 pm »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I’ve had a lot of jobs to be honest. I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable or experienced as many on here but have a system that works for me. My prices are also v cheap hence repeat custom or word of mouth. I feel for large heavily soiled areas I require a CRB - considering a sebo due as they are good value for money it seems? I currently use a pile brush for agitation which is ok but not ideal. I have a spotting brush for more stubborn stains. Chemical wise it’s all pro chem.

Multi pro pre spray, deodoriser, Fabric safe powder and spot treatment. The karcher due to lack of suction required quite a few passes for a top job. Hence why I’m considering the galaxy ax500..

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 08:56:16 am »
I've got to agree the above post, get yourself on a course before parting with any money, there's good money to be made if your able to offer good service and results. If you spend out on kit the last thing you want to be doing is going in cheap, you will become a busy fool imo.

Good luck .

PS the galaxy is a small machine, for many years the recommended minimum spec was twin vac +130psi . Something like a miniflex or alltec mini  or jaguar cub would be a much better bet imo.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 08:56:49 pm »
Hi Farhan

Its not so much about the machine but the method of cleaning. You want a setup that can cover most or all. Prochem teaches you about the connection between their products and soil levels, and restoration. there are about 13 methods to choose from.

Methods can make you more productive. Cleaning large areas of light soil carpet with hot water extraction can cause you fatigue, and time.  this will reflect in your price and might cause you to loose some quotes.  having the equipment to deal with light, medium, and heavy soil is the solution but a higher investment in equipment to cover all methods.

My recommendation would be to focus on training to clean upholstery. its a much more profitable market because of the skill needed and its a problem that people cant solve themselves.

Good Luck

Ian

Prochems a ripoff   ,   they bring in mediocre Edic machines from the  states a put 230v vacs in them  ,    one ripoff example ...   to purchase a 6.6 vac of them as a spare is 325 + shipping    :o    You might as well just ask them  to rodger you hard .

You need a few hundred more more to get a decent machine  ,    eg ...not very stylish ,  but an alltec aqua 40 Plus ( the twin vac ) is about 1700   , and you got a heater with that .
Any machine with just one vac is not great , no matter what vac .   
the first proper crb  people recommend is the TM3   , if you dont have the budget for that  ,just get a used slow or medium speed floor scrubber for now , use a red pad to scrub the trashed carpets ... or get the  carpet brush accessory for it .
Or you might  find a used rotowash for a couple of hundred .