This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Hawthorne

Vision additive
« on: January 20, 2022, 10:36:40 am »
Hi,

I’ve been recommended to use Vision additive to help with sheeting the water away. Was told one drop in a 25l barrel would be sufficient. However playing about with it, I’m upto a few drops per barrel and still no effect?

Jonny 87

Re: Vision additive
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 11:16:55 am »
That’s a bit of a can of worms to open on here.  ;D

It’s been discussed before and many vocal ones would say it’s all placebo anyway so don’t bother.

I personally use it though and I prefer it to without. 

I think the recommended dose of vision additives is around 2-3mill per 100 litres. I use a different version so my dose is different, but I think 2-3mill is optimal for the vision mix.

You’ve also got to make sure it’s well mixed throughout the water. I’d put your dose in the empty barrel first, then fill up with pure.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
That’s a bit of a can of worms to open on here.  ;D

It’s been discussed before and many vocal ones would say it’s all placebo anyway so don’t bother.

I personally use it though and I prefer it to without. 

I think the recommended dose of vision additives is around 2-3mill per 100 litres. I use a different version so my dose is different, but I think 2-3mill is optimal for the vision mix.

You’ve also got to make sure it’s well mixed throughout the water. I’d put your dose in the empty barrel first, then fill up with pure.
Were you involved with Dave Kemp (Vision creator) at the outset, or do I have you mixed up with someone else?

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 04:49:51 pm »
Yeah I was one of the group who trialed it and brought it to market all those years ago.

I’ve got zero connection to it now though, it’s all David.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 06:27:30 pm »
It's a load of rubbish dont waste your money.

james peters

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 09:31:22 pm »
I started using added sparkle , and I did see a difference , I now use hot , but i might start using added sparkle in  the hot . ;D

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 07:39:42 am »
I use Fairy Liquid. Half a bottle in 500 litres…

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 08:36:33 am »
We'll be discussing getting TDS down to below 1 part per billion next...

::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 08:48:10 pm »
I started using added sparkle , and I did see a difference , I now use hot , but i might start using added sparkle in  the hot . ;D

Additives do work a lot better with hot. 🔥 👍

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 01:13:33 pm »
Hi,

I’ve been recommended to use Vision additive to help with sheeting the water away. Was told one drop in a 25l barrel would be sufficient. However playing about with it, I’m upto a few drops per barrel and still no effect?

I used it for 6 months a fair few years ago...I noticed 2 things...

1.it slowed me down as I was always over rinsing due to bubbles..
2.i ended up with a big gloopy mess in the bottom of my tank...

Personally I think it was a complete waste of time and money...
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 01:15:37 pm »
I use Fairy Liquid. Half a bottle in 500 litres…

;D  ;D ;D ;D

I sincerely hope nobody tries that!

You d never get rid of the bubbles! :o ;D

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 05:35:01 pm »
Hi,

If you want to sheet the water away quicker, turn your flow rate up and ignore the additives.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Russ Hawthorne

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 07:35:21 pm »
Tha is for the input all. As I’ve bought it I’ll use it for a while and see how it fairs. Might up the dose a bit  8)

deeege

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 08:30:28 pm »
Hi,

You told us all it was a game changer and it makes a massive difference to your working day…….then changed your mind and told us it was useless  ;D ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2022, 10:28:48 pm »
Hi,

You told us all it was a game changer and it makes a massive difference to your working day…….then changed your mind and told us it was useless  ;D ;D

My sarcasm doesn't come through too well on an Internet post! ;D ;D

duncan h

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 08:35:18 am »
I tried it from day 1. Before the 3 guys split and Dave went alone.
It used to realy help. There was loads of bubbles though. You were rinsing for ages. Had to get used to just walking away. The finish was brilliant.
Then messing about with it started and was never the same again. Then came V2 etc etc. I tried them. None realy worked. They gave a shine but no better at sheeting, or anything else.
One day my customers windows turned purple. That was my last day putting crap in my tank

colin bird

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 04:55:40 pm »
Hi,

i have the vision not to use it

the king

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 09:37:47 pm »
I used it now don't bother i had spotting on a leaded glass job for some reason it reacted never had a issue before also bubbles were a pain over rinceing on most windows i also found glass got dirty quicker im on coast  u found hot water best 🤩

swanson

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2022, 02:18:46 pm »
Waste of money

Mike Banks

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 03:47:09 pm »
Waste of money.  After a while it can cause a sticky residue build up inside your pump.  It was the reason I had to replace one.  God knows why I used it other than placebo effect.  I could not tell the difference after stopping using it.