This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

combat1

Gocardless question
« on: January 13, 2022, 06:33:44 pm »
Do you leave a slip to say you’ve cleaned or just let the GC email notify them?
I spend time each month printing out the slips, filling in etc, just wondered if it’s necessary.
Thanks.

nathanharrison

Re: Gocardless question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 08:49:22 pm »
I print out simple slips saying that I've been on such a date, and to send payment of £x to the relevant address or pay online. Very simple but cheap and effective

Dazzler3370

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 08:59:50 pm »
I use the technology that Go Cardless is meant for, a paperless system. Im very good at sticking to my 4 weekly schedule so my customers usually expect the monies to be taken out at the same time each month.

So Yes I let the email sent from GC as a notification to say over cleaned their windows.

Dazzler
Dazzler

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 06:54:05 am »
I spend time each month printing out the slips, filling in etc, just wondered if it’s necessary.
Thanks.

I’ve always wondered this too. Be interesting to hear what others do. I still leave a mostly pre-printed slip but it’s time I could save on my Gocardless customers. I don’t tend to leave one if someone is in.

combat1

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 07:24:19 am »
Thanks all, I’ll run a trial of not leaving slips for my Gocardless customers (90%) and report back.

Mike Burd

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:32:19 am »
Thanks.

I’ve always wondered this too. Be interesting to hear what others do. I still leave a mostly pre-printed slip but it’s time I could save on my Gocardless customers. I don’t tend to leave one if someone is in.
Do you use Aworka or CP? If so, why not email invoices?

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 08:38:40 am »
I don't use GoCardless but I always leave a printed slip whether their in or not(unless they pay me there and then)...

My printed slips have customers name and address,date of clean,date of last clean,outstanding balance,bank details,my contact details,please pay within 14 days,customer ref number/job number.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 10:54:04 am »
I don't use GoCardless but I always leave a printed slip whether their in or not(unless they pay me there and then)...

My printed slips have customers name and address,date of clean,date of last clean,outstanding balance,bank details,my contact details,please pay within 14 days,customer ref number/job number.

^^^^ I do as well. Sometimes people who are in forget to send a payment via BACS.

The other thing is that it does let your customer know you were at the house that day, should they query it. 

A text message from GO-Cardless could be activated with you not setting a foot on their property.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 12:20:46 pm »
Thanks.

Aworka. Yes they still get the automatic email invoice in the early hours the following morning. About 3am for some reason.

Mike Burd

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 03:46:51 pm »
Thanks.

Aworka. Yes they still get the automatic email invoice in the early hours the following morning. About 3am for some reason.
Why waste time posting them then?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 06:12:40 pm »
Yeh you're right. That's what I'm thinking. Didn't want them to think I hadn't actually been, but had just sent the invoice.

But then  if they don't trust me then I don't want their custom anyway I suppose.

Mike Burd

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 07:12:11 pm »
Yeh you're right. That's what I'm thinking. Didn't want them to think I hadn't actually been, but had just sent the invoice.

But then  if they don't trust me then I don't want their custom anyway I suppose.
During Covid we contacted everyone to get email addresses. I guess we’re about 70% email invoices now. I have found though that we struggle with yahoo and hotmail addresses with customers complaining they’ve not been received.

I don’t clean myself these days, but I hated writing and posting invoices. When it’s emailed I know I don’t have to deal with the crusty at all and that suited me.

johnny bravo

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 07:27:46 pm »
always put a  slip in .     you may be ill,  not working due to weather.     if they knew you had not done them and payment come out automatically   its can you leave mine from now.

im stopping using gc      because there fees  keep going up from when i first started using them.    Bacs  /  Cash  now.    if not paid i remind them with a text reminder .     Lots do forget    but pay after reminder

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 08:59:32 pm »
always put a  slip in .     you may be ill,  not working due to weather.     if they knew you had not done them and payment come out automatically   its can you leave mine from now.

im stopping using gc      because there fees  keep going up from when i first started using them.    Bacs  /  Cash  now.    if not paid i remind them with a text reminder .     Lots do forget    but pay after reminder
No with aworka the invoice is only sent when I mark the job done & then sync. Even then aworka doesn't send the invoice immediately, it's sent in the early hours.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 11:08:37 pm »
same with cleaner planner - no clean - no request to get payment

we leave a cleaned card purely for the next clean date otherwise I wouldn't bother

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 05:08:36 pm »
I post slips to everyone so then there no argument that ive been. Unless they "didnt see" a slip  ::)roll

But yes if they pay bacs then i post a note with date and amount, if they pay go cardless i just post a blank slip (my slips say windows cleaned today at the top)

james peters

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 09:46:24 pm »
posting a slip just covers every angle.
it just saves any hastle .  and really doesnt take much time .

always be prepared and one step ahead

johnny bravo

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 07:00:10 pm »
i messaged a chap a week later to remind about payment.     he said he did not know id been .     he said his mrs put the note in the fruit bowl       haha.    totally forgot to tell him .