van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Great start to the year
« on: January 13, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
The amount of walk ups I’ve had since I started back is unprecedented and very surprising given that it’s January. The great thing about walk ups is you’re already working in that area so it keeps everything nice and compact.
 Due to the new customers I’ve gained it’s given me more confidence to go ahead with some price rises in March and if I lose a few it won’t hurt.

Bungle

Re: Great start to the year
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 05:51:43 pm »
The amount of walk ups I’ve had since I started back is unprecedented and very surprising given that it’s January. The great thing about walk ups is you’re already working in that area so it keeps everything nice and compact.
 Due to the new customers I’ve gained it’s given me more confidence to go ahead with some price rises in March and if I lose a few it won’t hurt.

I've had a couple of walk ups. I'm certainly putting some prices up in March. Feck em, everything else is going up.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 06:28:17 pm »

I've not canvassed for many years....all my new work comes from walks ups and recommendations....thus my round ebbs and flows organically....

I've not picked up one new job yet this year but not bothered as I've got plenty to go at plus van was in garage for MOT today and I've  got a speed awareness course to attend Monday morning(got caught doing 40mph in a 30 zone)
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »

I've not canvassed for many years....all my new work comes from walks ups and recommendations....thus my round ebbs and flows organically....

I've not picked up one new job yet this year but not bothered as I've got plenty to go at plus van was in garage for MOT today and I've  got a speed awareness course to attend Monday morning(got caught doing 40mph in a 30 zone)
Tut, tut, tut 🤭

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 08:02:06 pm »
I've had a few enquiries but nothing i would want to take on.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 04:53:25 am »

you should be lined up and shot .

Steven Biggs

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 05:24:24 am »
Selfish .

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 08:59:24 am »
No I think he will still clean windows, the mark up on fish isn’t great since leaving the EU
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:20 am »
Had a few walk ups but picked up around 100 new jobs off fb since new year, running about 2 weeks behind and unable to cope really  :D

Having a big sort out in March/ April, some underpriced work has been that way for far 2 long. Getting rid of anything that's poor parking, slow paying or that I just don't like. Then a price rise all round.

JandS

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 01:52:45 pm »
Adam.....how did you mange to get 100 new jobs in 14 days off FB........haven't had that many in 5 years........is it paid advertising?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 02:21:53 pm »
100 new Fb jobs  :o Sounds like my worst nightmare tbh.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 06:57:52 pm »
Adam.....how did you mange to get 100 new jobs in 14 days off FB........haven't had that many in 5 years........is it paid advertising?

Rather keep it to myself mate tbh  ;) but honestly it was just pure luck, sometimes i get 2 or 3 and on a good day ive had 20 or 30 before but well over 100 enquiries in 2 days i was  shocked, probably something that i wont ever be able to repeat.

EandM

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 06:59:59 pm »
Had a text from a new customer that said they'd been given my details, had a house + a holiday let and could I quote?
Before I had a chance to reply I had a phone call confirming the text.
Went and quoted and then found out the text was actually from another potential customer, also in the same village also with a holiday let and also wanting a quote.
Managed to get both at just over £100 every other month.
Not a bad day.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 07:04:37 pm »
100 new Fb jobs  :o Sounds like my worst nightmare tbh.

Its a numbers game, did 40 this week and rest to do next week.

Its certainly fun  :D some i get to and keep on driving. We walked in one back garden saw all the turds and left sharpish ...

I just get them all banged out and see where i am. I will get the odd one that doesnt pay, i will get a few that cancel after the first clean, i will get some with poor access or parking but on the flip side i will get plenty of fantastic customers out of it. To be honest im that used to being messed about i have thick skin for it and it doesnt phaze me i just throw enough mud at the wall and see what sticks...

Cost of aquiring them is next to nothing and all thats required is a couple of weeks hard graft. If i get 50 good ones im happy and it means i drop 10 or 20 of my worst ones and repeat the process at a later date, just constant refining.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 12:31:25 am »
If you are full . And happy with your round . What a total waste of time . Unless you are putting more vans On the round . Pointless . Unless I have read it wrong. If I have all good .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 06:33:15 am »
If you are full . And happy with your round . What a total waste of time . Unless you are putting more vans On the round . Pointless . Unless I have read it wrong. If I have all good .
Agreed..

I stopped using FB ages ago ,the vast majority are just penny pinching looking for a cheap one off..

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 09:01:46 am »

Tut, tut, tut 🤭

Rushing to get to the airport 🤠
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 09:19:27 am »

I am looking to grow the round obviously, i didnt just wake up one day and decide to do a load of horrible first cleans for no reason. I'm also looking to replace some poorer work and increase the round volume for a price rise in April for inevitable drop offs.

Plus i sold over 10k of "pointless" work last year.

But then what do I know total waste of time. 100 new customers only takes me 5 days with a lad helping, that's one week of pain for a load of gain  ;)

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 09:21:55 am »
Agreed..

I stopped using FB ages ago ,the vast majority are just penny pinching looking for a cheap one off..

90% of my round is from fb, I'll tell you one thing it's miles better retention rate than canvassed work.

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 04:49:55 pm »
I'm really busy at the moment, having just come back from Holiday.
Anyone walks up to me...i'm going to run away!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"