This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Miles covered a year
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 09:04:45 pm »
Van range from 4.5K to 10k

Company car about 8k

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 09:17:17 pm »
Must clog your Dpf's  up doing such short stop start journeys in a diesel
I get a warning on the display in my van which is an Auto. I then have to take it onto a dual carriageway, switch to manual mode, and keep the revs highish for a mile or so to clear it.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2022, 09:25:15 pm »
I get a warning on the display in my van which is an Auto. I then have to take it onto a dual carriageway, switch to manual mode, and keep the revs highish for a mile or so to clear it.

Mines only come on once in 5 years! ;D
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2022, 10:11:43 pm »

You’ve no got an auto tho, you probably drive about revvin the guts out o it😁

lal

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 07:54:53 am »

Around 5K per year

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 10:12:20 am »

My van is in for an MOT today so I'll find out if it passes on emissions....

Worryingly my missus who has the same vehicle,same age at 5 years old(the Ford tourneo car version,same engine)only just got through the emissions test and she does a lot more miles than me....

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 10:39:46 am »

Worryingly my missus who has the same vehicle,same age at 5 years old(the Ford tourneo car version,same engine)only just got through the emissions test and she does a lot more miles than me....
Fuel system cleaner like clean drive or similar in 1/4 of a tank day before. Get it up to temp and high revs for 5 mins on way to test center . Was advised of this when my old ranger failed on emissions few years ago. Do it as a matter of course now each year before MOT.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 01:07:31 pm »

Fuel system cleaner like clean drive or similar in 1/4 of a tank day before. Get it up to temp and high revs for 5 mins on way to test center . Was advised of this when my old ranger failed on emissions few years ago. Do it as a matter of course now each year before MOT.

I'm not sure whether I should put fuel cleaner in a van with  dpf fitted and a diesel hot water system plumbed into my fuel tank...I think ill give it a miss mate...

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 03:57:07 pm »
my van sailed through the MOT......emissions fine! :)