This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Unwanted phone calls
« on: January 08, 2022, 03:31:59 pm »
On a daily basis i must get around half a dozen calls from  0161 or 0203 numbers plus others. I've answered these in the past and found most to be overseas call centres trying to scam etc  so these days I don't answer them but block them instead. However for some unknown reason for everyone that gets blocked another similar one comes through i must have 100's that I've blocked. The other frustrating thing is that these scammers also use mobile numbers which I answer as these could be a potential new customer.
Does anyone else get these?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

deeege

Re: Unwanted phone calls
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 03:36:39 pm »
I get a few, maybe 3-4 a week. I just block and delete. I also don’t answer any numbers that are withheld or from areas that are not local to me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 03:37:00 pm »
Just ask them to tell you their name, then fake phone sex with them, repeating their name, regularly. Ive found they hang up promptly.

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 03:47:14 pm »
I get a few, maybe 3-4 a week. I just block and delete. I also don’t answer any numbers that are withheld or from areas that are not local to me.
Same here but what about the mobile numbers? If its a missed call I sometimes ring it back only to get a message from operator that the number doesn't exist
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 03:47:37 pm »
I had a few the other week(around 3 a day for a few days)all were blocked straight away and all sounded like Chinese women speaking a foreign language
price higher/work harder!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 03:56:14 pm »
I get around 3/4 per week I just block them and forget about them

deeege

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 04:00:51 pm »
Same here but what about the mobile numbers? If its a missed call I sometimes ring it back only to get a message from operator that the number doesn't exist

Obviously have to answer the mobile numbers but as soon as I hear the “hello sir how are you today” I just end the call and block them.

Frustrating but I think it’s unavoidable these days, there’s that many scams and sales blags going round.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 04:23:50 pm »
On a daily basis i must get around half a dozen calls from  0161 or 0203 numbers plus others. I've answered these in the past and found most to be overseas call centres trying to scam etc  so these days I don't answer them but block them instead. However for some unknown reason for everyone that gets blocked another similar one comes through i must have 100's that I've blocked. The other frustrating thing is that these scammers also use mobile numbers which I answer as these could be a potential new customer.
Does anyone else get these?

Register your phone numbers with the telephone preference service this should stop the vast majority of them .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 09:32:15 pm »
I don't actually answer my phone to any number that I don't recognise these days. I only respond to answer messages, and only the ones I choose to! That's just how it is, haven't got time, nor can I be arsed with anything else!👍
Comfortably Numb!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 04:25:48 am »
My wife sometimes phones me when I’m at work.

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 08:58:32 pm »
I just tell them to remove me from their list, don't call me again and then just hang up, job done.