This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Winter canvasing
« on: January 07, 2022, 06:23:43 pm »
I'm just wondering weather or not to do a bit canvassing at the week end if its not to bad weather wise there's  a new small estate jut down the road from me where I have afew already but the weather's putting me off ..it may well put potential  costs off ..what do you think??

dazmond

Re: Winter canvasing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 06:45:29 pm »
I'm just wondering weather or not to do a bit canvassing at the week end if its not to bad weather wise there's  a new small estate jut down the road from me where I have afew already but the weather's putting me off ..it may well put potential  costs off ..what do you think??

Just do it.....when I started back in 1993 it was early Jan and it was snowing!I picked up 3 new customers on this estate....29 years later I clean 90+ houses on it now and have done for many years....

He who dares rodders!  ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 08:14:31 pm »
Crack on mate ,canvassing is a numbers game each time you get a no ,your closer to a yes,you may canvass an area wher a window cleaner has packed up due to winter coming

james peters

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 08:18:50 pm »
Crack on mate ,canvassing is a numbers game each time you get a no ,your closer to a yes,you may canvass an area wher a window cleaner has packed up due to winter coming

I second this . also  if you get a leaflet or card in the householders hand , they may call you in the spring when people start thinking about their properties and gardens .
just keep plugging away .

alank

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 08:50:15 pm »
Go for it. The next time the few you have on the estate are due a clean do it on a Saturday and door knock any that you haven't spoken to already.  You will be seen cleaning by more people on a Saturday. Keep a list of those who don't want a clean and post a flyer to ever other house on the estate before you start ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 10:24:02 pm »
If there is a rare glimpse of low sun and you aren't working canvas then. It shows up dirty windows like nothing else. Earlier this week I had 4 phone calls from old quotes when it was bright and sunny!
It's a game of three halves!

clarkson

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 11:18:06 am »
hi
interestingly i had a professional canvasser hit an area for us a while back, he went out mid December and got 500 a month in four days.

i was amazed but shows its worth it.

cheers
john

High-Tower

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 01:08:18 pm »
hi
interestingly i had a professional canvasser hit an area for us a while back, he went out mid December and got 500 a month in four days.

i was amazed but shows its worth it.

cheers
john

Do you know if that was one guy? Or a couple?