This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

insulating pole
« on: January 06, 2022, 06:59:50 pm »
Anyone any ideas what to insulate your Pole with    Just the section you hold all day, Bottom section .   This is i believe  causes your hands to get more colder than you would like in wintery conditions.     With the pole hose always having cold water flowing through it  no doubtly making the base section Cold also.    .  Hence getting cold hands through your gloves .       Skytek Argon      i use , have done for years.        This is when you would love a hot water set up

dd

Re: insulating pole
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 07:24:11 pm »
What I find helps most to keep my hands warm is keeping the rest of my body warm, especially my head. I wear a deerstalker style hat which keeps my ears and face warm, and enough layers to keep everything else warm.

I find this really helps to keep my hands warm, my circulation is not great.

richard connett

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 08:50:49 pm »
I’ve often thought it would be good to have something comfortable to grip  and prevent you from gripping too hard which causes tennis elbow ( which I’ve got again atm)
I’ve tried sponge tubes which were good for a while but slid around .  How about tennis racquet tape?

Granny

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 09:03:38 pm »
Considering the diameter of the bottom section compared to a 8 mm hose running through it the effect of water hot or cold is negligible.
You could try the grey water pipe insulation, you would probably need two lengths sliced along their length to fit snug, with cable ties but it will increase the diameter to something like a 80' pole!

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 10:52:08 pm »
Considering the diameter of the bottom section compared to a 8 mm hose running through it the effect of water hot or cold is negligible.
You could try the grey water pipe insulation, you would probably need two lengths sliced along their length to fit snug, with cable ties but it will increase the diameter to something like a 80' pole!

I can assure you using hot water will make a big difference to how warm your hands are holding the pole .

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 03:41:57 pm »
going to try  pipe cladding .   cable tie it .     only now for  very cold periods.    see if any difference   or a  waste of time

a customer mentioned golf club  grips   what people put onto there golf clubs in the winter months when holding there clubs

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 04:31:00 pm »
going to try  pipe cladding .   cable tie it .     only now for  very cold periods.    see if any difference   or a  waste of time

a customer mentioned golf club  grips   what people put onto there golf clubs in the winter months when holding there clubs

Pipe cladding will help but will dramatically increase the base section size making it difficult to hold .

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:40 pm »
Skytec argon are great gloves, ive never had cold hands using these. Have 4 pairs in the van and rotate them when they get a bit damp.

It doenst get cold enough to get cold hands with these on. Water will freeze on the glass before that.

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 05:16:24 pm »
Wrap some neoprane (used for kayakers for keeping warm  whilst wet in winter), around the base of the pole.

High-Tower

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 05:16:54 pm »
Are you wearing the right size gloves?
I ended up with a smaller pair than I usually wear, and they were rubbish. I think they reduced the circulation in my fingers because they were a bit tight. Once I got a bigger pair they were lovely and toasty!

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 06:48:40 pm »
Are you wearing the right size gloves?
I ended up with a smaller pair than I usually wear, and they were rubbish. I think they reduced the circulation in my fingers because they were a bit tight. Once I got a bigger pair they were lovely and toasty!

Mark Munro recommends these:

https://www.workgloves.co.uk/ejendals-tegera-297-thermal-waterproof-work-gloves.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_YgZsLvtk

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 06:51:44 pm »
I just wear the tiger grip nitrile gloves in winter,one pair usually last 2 or 3 days...
price higher/work harder!

johnny bravo

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 01:33:30 pm »
ive just got another 2 pairs of Argon   gloves .   try changing them  frequently see if better . 

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 01:36:55 pm »
ive just got another 2 pairs of Argon   gloves .   try changing them  frequently see if better .

Can't you heat your water?it's much more comfortable to work on a cold winters day....even a cheap immersion would be better than cold water!

johnny bravo

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 08:27:00 pm »
cold weather has gone now for a while.     catching up  .     

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 08:31:33 pm »
cold weather has gone now for a while.     catching up  .   

I don't know what part of the country you work but it's freezing here in the North West!