This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Energy price increase
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:57:58 pm »
It’s going to be interesting to see if any of us lose any customers this year due to high energy prices.

My sister works for Utilita, and she’s saying it’s gonna be a big big shock to a lot of people this year. The likes we haven’t seen in many many years.

I still don’t think I’ll lose any, but you never know.

cgh window cleaning

Re: Energy price increase
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 02:24:05 pm »
It's not just energy prices the general cost of living has rocketed from petrol to the weekly shop as well as an increase in mortgages.

Every thing is going through the roof.For those who are PAYE this all reduces the spare income they have and people soon question and look at what they are spending.

Will it effect window cleaning who knows but probably not unless you have just started out.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:37:49 pm »
the stupidly high energy prices thats coming in april will be crippling for many people and i fully expect to lose some jobs and its all because of the so called "eco warriors" demonstrating and stopping fracking in this country and the building of new north sea gas rigs so we have to rely on imports from russia and the EU.... ::)roll

this country needs to start producing more of its own gas and oil again and in a big way as well as nuclear power stations
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 04:45:30 pm »
the stupidly high energy prices thats coming in april will be crippling for many people and i fully expect to lose some jobs and its all because of the so called "eco warriors" demonstrating and stopping fracking in this country and the building of new north sea gas rigs so we have to rely on imports from russia and the EU.... ::)roll

this country needs to start producing more of its own gas and oil again and in a big way as well as nuclear power stations
These tree climbing, tarmac hugging, need a good scrub,  “eco warriors” get on my goat.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 06:00:57 pm »
I dont think theres any need to worry, theres thousands of houses out there and new ones going up all the time.

I did a few fb posts the other day and had over 100 enquiries......loads of work out there.

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 12:37:39 am »
I'm giving up on trying to predict things. Started back today after the xmas/new year break and got two walk ups, don't think that's ever happened in nearly 18yrs  in early Jan for me, it's usually a case of just getting through Jan without losing anyone with the odd "can we leave it this month".

zesty

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 08:43:23 am »

It’s too politically correct unfortunately. Meanwhile China….

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 09:38:58 am »
My demographic customer is largely the comfortably off retired folk.

I think I shall lose more from death than energy price increases.

Fuel at Costco has dropped 5p a litre. I think the market prices will ease back now the initial bounce back from a ten year low has happened.

I remember road fuel hitting 1.39 about ten years ago.

We are facing spring soon in the dominant northern hemisphere and less home heating will be here.

Don't panic.
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 01:32:52 pm »
The government might do something; it'll be a vote winner. And the price of wholesale energy might drop  :-\.
I try not to look too far in the future. I'm sure we all remember early 2020. Most of our businesses have survived the pandemic so far, haven't they?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐