This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jk999

Magnetic van signs
« on: January 01, 2022, 07:52:30 pm »
Does any off you use magnetic signs on your van if yes can you recommend a good place to buy from cheers kev

dazmond

Re: Magnetic van signs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 08:08:51 pm »
Does any off you use magnetic signs on your van if yes can you recommend a good place to buy from cheers kev

Just get your van sign written...mine cost me £160(cash only)logo on bonnet,sides and rear door plus  name and phone number...

Van magnets don't look professional and can fall off or get stolen...
price higher/work harder!

jk999

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 08:55:48 pm »
Why don't they look professional

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 09:15:20 pm »
Why don't they look professional

They look like something that’s put on and taken off a vehicle as it suites , this week Gardiner next week window cleaner etc the pikeys use this type of thing , a good sign written van looks so much better .

jk999

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 09:21:27 pm »
I have bought two vans in the past which have been signed before and there's still visible marks on the van ,also had a van signed in the past they are ok until it starts to rise on the edges ,so was just gonna go magnetic this time

Viscount

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 09:40:46 pm »
I had them at one time. Grit builds up behind them unless you clean them underneath regularly or it ruins the paint. They start to crack if you put them on and off regularly so look crap. But you need to take them off to clean regularly or they screw up the paintwork.  Then your mates take them off and put them on upside down or on the roof for a laugh. Seriously don't bother.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 10:07:18 am »
I have bought two vans in the past which have been signed before and there's still visible marks on the van ,also had a van signed in the past they are ok until it starts to rise on the edges ,so was just gonna go magnetic this time
Vinyl wrap the panels you're wishing to sign on. Apply the signwriting to that. When it comes to selling van, just peel off the wrapped panels.

jk999

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 11:47:36 am »
Yeah was thinking about doing it that way last night cheers for all replies

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 12:55:44 pm »
Yeah was thinking about doing it that way last night cheers for all replies

I had a customer make up a large pair of magnetics to fit the lozenge shaped panels on my Hyundai. Called "Portway Signs" in Bristol.

The point about grit underneath is valid - you need to take them off when you wash the van IMO.

But in all honesty although they are fine I don't use them anymore as I am stuffed with work so have reverted to white van man. It's nice to have the option so that if I was going to quote a large job I can put them on.
It's a game of three halves!

jk999

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 05:42:47 pm »
Got plenty of customers but alot of them don't know about the add ons I do ,on the last van I had signed it was only wrote on the van where as this time I want before and after pics so customers know what extras that I offer, in honesty alot of people don't read writing on vehicles they look at the pics 😁😁😁

mac74

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 07:47:59 pm »
Someone i know, had some made from vista print on the cheap, you can design them yourself on their site. They look ok, better than nothing, but proper printing looks a lot better. Magnetic signs also hold water behind them which can cause a rust patch on the van panel if left on long enough.

jk999

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2022, 12:04:53 am »
To be honest I have actually heard  that from quite a few people over last few months

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2022, 02:12:26 pm »
before and after pics on the van don't really have any impact - I had these on the vivaro and never ever did anyone say I saw the before and after pics on the van.. ( thats in 6 years )

you will get more response from people seeing you doing the work or as its for customers - hand them a flyer/newletter next time you clean with pictures and a little bit of text

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2022, 10:03:18 pm »
It was the writing not where wraps had been

mac74

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2022, 10:14:01 pm »
I think magnetic signs were originally designed for those pulling in & out of the job center to sign on!   ;D

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 10:30:19 am »
Vistaprint are very good

jk999

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 11:46:45 am »
Cheers lads 👍

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 10:19:11 am »
Signbuilder are good too , I have had magnets and full vinyl sets off them ,