This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Hawthorne

Losing customers
« on: December 01, 2021, 04:13:22 pm »
So in the last couple of weeks I’ve had 5/6 customers cancel on me. One had directly complained about a clean,  some have said we’ll leave it for now (polite way of cancelling) and ones gone to someone else. I’m getting a right complex about it! Test my water regularly with 2 TDS meters, always zero or next to it. Always put the graft in, good scrub, good rinse. Clear the cobwebs, get my nail under stubborn bits, scrub the cills. Nothing left to clean. Can’t fathom WTF I’m suddenly doing wrong!     ???

deeege

Re: Losing customers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:42:37 pm »
Is it all in one area? You’ve probably got a chancer canvassing and undercutting your work if so.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 02:44:29 pm »
How long have you had the customers for?

As its a common time of year for the summer brigade to start messing about.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 03:41:39 pm »
So in the last couple of weeks I’ve had 5/6 customers cancel on me. One had directly complained about a clean,  some have said we’ll leave it for now (polite way of cancelling) and ones gone to someone else. I’m getting a right complex about it! Test my water regularly with 2 TDS meters, always zero or next to it. Always put the graft in, good scrub, good rinse. Clear the cobwebs, get my nail under stubborn bits, scrub the cills. Nothing left to clean. Can’t fathom WTF I’m suddenly doing wrong!     ???

There’s always an ebb and flow of customers.

Sometimes you lose a few in a short space of time, and it can be a worry, but it will stop again. It’ll just be circumstance

I doubt it’s poor cleaning that’s the reason.  They’ll often tell you if that’s the case

Best thing to do is just canvas or leaflet and get them replaced. You won’t worry then
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 04:41:53 pm »

how long have you been window cleaning?
how long have you had these customers?

we all lose customers(for whatever reason) occasionally but usually replace them quickly within a few weeks
price higher/work harder!

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »
Common occurrence when starting out. If you’ve been going a good few years I’d be asking what’s happening

Ortsa

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 10:05:04 am »
I usually lose a few at this time of year, it's dark and Christmas is coming up etc

NWH

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 11:31:54 am »
People want their windows cleaning for this time of year it’s my busiest time.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 11:37:33 am »
People want their windows cleaning for this time of year it’s my busiest time.
Yep me too.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 02:48:17 pm »
Again I’m not knocking you or anyone but if someone has a good window cleaner they hang on to them 9-10 it’s not the money really,I use a certain builder and he’s not cheap but I won’t use anyone else he does the job properly and thoroughly.
Look at how you clean the windows and what type of jobs they are certain houses-jobs it doesn’t matter how good  you are having clean windows isn’t the be all and end all find customers that think it is,I won’t take on certain jobs if I think nah they’ll have it done a few times then sack me off learn to suss em on the doorstep when you first take them on I’ve had customers for decades.

dd

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 03:05:47 pm »
I would check the strainer on your pump, if it is clogged up it can cause spotting. Good thing to rule out.

swanson

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 06:28:16 pm »
Also  it helps if you are a nice person
And that your customers like and trust you .