van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Checkatrade
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:59:59 pm »
Anyone tried it?

Spoke to a TV aerial bloke today. He said he gets loads from it (online only).

He had 16 enquiries on Sunday.

Ched

Re: Checkatrade
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 08:03:11 pm »
Try looking at your competition on it. If there is none that could be good but double check a few areas and see if any windys on there for multiple years!!!
CheckATrade and trustatrader seem to have a it of a north south divide over who is more prominent. Also see if any of them do a free trial, I bet they don't so that would sound alarm bells to me as they want a 12 month contract from you!!!

mac74

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 09:23:59 pm »
I reckon it would be the way to go if your seriously looking for work, but i would imagine the calls would be spread over some areas that you dont already cover, meaning travelling to a single job. For our job, IF i was looking for more work i would just re canvass my existing areas, so the work is tight together.

jay moley

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 09:32:00 pm »
Try looking at your competition on it. If there is none that could be good but double check a few areas and see if any windys on there for multiple years!!!
CheckATrade and trustatrader seem to have a it of a north south divide over who is more prominent. Also see if any of them do a free trial, I bet they don't so that would sound alarm bells to me as they want a 12 month contract from you!!!

Only one competitor on it for my area.

jay moley

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 09:32:57 pm »
I reckon it would be the way to go if your seriously looking for work, but i would imagine the calls would be spread over some areas that you dont already cover, meaning travelling to a single job. For our job, IF i was looking for more work i would just re canvass my existing areas, so the work is tight together.

Canvassing has gone well for me this year but need more work on top of that so considering other things.

Think you could be right about area being too big.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:17 pm »

Canvassing has gone well for me this year but need more work on top of that so considering other things.

Think you could be right about area being too big.

A local windie gets a lot of work from advertising on Facebook, apparently.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 12:00:42 am »
something like 50 quotes a day ! 8)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 06:53:54 am »
just my opinion but for window cleaning only its a no however for bigger services such as pressure washing - conservatory cleaning etc then perhaps.

just check the cancellation period small print or u may be tied into something longterm

for windows try to get into 3 best rated  or if you don't feature in the google map pack then sort that out.

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 07:50:07 am »
I advertise as a window cleaner on Checkatrade and its a yearly contract for £59 per month. If you go into the general cleaning section its about £80 a month.  I'm afraid it's all about feedback from customers where you sit in the rankings in your area when someone searches it. 

deeege

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 08:02:53 am »
I advertise as a window cleaner on Checkatrade and its a yearly contract for £59 per month. If you go into the general cleaning section its about £80 a month.  I'm afraid it's all about feedback from customers where you sit in the rankings in your area when someone searches it.

What is your ROI on that £59 a month?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."