van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

X line poles
« on: November 25, 2021, 01:37:50 pm »
Anyone used them ?

Normally use gardiners but the xline carbon nano is in the black Friday sale and works out almost 200 quid cheaper than the equivalent extreme. As far as I can see weights are almost identical....

What are they like ? Clamps any good ?

Cheers

NWH

Re: X line poles
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 02:48:16 pm »
I wouldn’t compare any pole to an extreme I have an Ova 8 Hi Mod and although it’s a very good pole indeed it’s not as good as an Extreme.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 02:50:45 pm »
I use the Ova if I have a tight squeeze somewhere or I need to go at an angle when cleaning a roof etc as it doesn’t spin,as far as everyday window cleaning goes I’ll use the Extreme.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 02:52:23 pm »
Sorry off on a tangent about Ova 8 poles but I think the pole you are on about is just there version of a pole a lot of manufacturers used to sell or very similar,I bet it comes with a Chinese money off voucher 🤣🤣.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 07:10:58 pm »
Anyone used them ?

Normally use gardiners but the xline carbon nano is in the black Friday sale and works out almost 200 quid cheaper than the equivalent extreme. As far as I can see weights are almost identical....

Cheers

I've just ordered a 25 footer Adam..I need another main pole so I thought I'd try one out....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 07:13:11 pm »
Anyone used them ?

Cheers

I've just ordered a 25 footer Adam..I need another main pole so I thought I'd try one out....

Nice one Daz

Just ordered an 18, the extreme 25 is feeling heavy  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 07:22:07 pm »
It works out nearly £200 cheaper than the equivalent xtreme 25....I'm not interested in xlines brushes or goosenecks though....

I just hope my carbon gooseneck fits in the xline pole...

It's the first time I've strayed from Gardiner poles in many years!i just hope they are as good... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 07:26:26 pm »
Sorry off on a tangent about Ova 8 poles but I think the pole you are on about is just there version of a pole a lot of manufacturers used to sell or very similar,I bet it comes with a Chinese money off voucher 🤣🤣.

Unless you ve bought an xline nano pole I'd shut your gob mate..... ;D

Your second guessing again.....

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 07:34:40 pm »

A bit like the person who's never modified a brush!!👍😁
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 07:35:08 pm »
My hunch is the clamps wont be as good, apart from that probably similar...

No i wont be buying the brushes either they are far too heavy, stick with extreme

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 07:40:07 pm »
Put it beside the Extreme should take about .5 of a second to spot the inferior product.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 07:41:11 pm »

A bit the person who's never modified a brush!!👍😁

A bit the person ? is that Jethro talking is it 🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 07:41:50 pm »

A bit the person who's never modified a brush!!👍😁

Never felt the need to as they clean fine as they are....

I did cut the bottom row of bristles off an Xtreme sill because of you.... ;D...then I couldn't clean the sills properly so binned it! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 07:42:58 pm »
Put it beside the Extreme should take about .5 of a second to spot the inferior product.

If it is I'll let you know.....

NWH

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »
Spent 100s trying to convince myself otherwise and it’s never worked yet Daz.

NBwcs

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 09:54:53 pm »
I took the plunge and bought an 18ft Nano last black friday. My big concern was how long it would last as there was no where near as much adjustment gap in the clamps as there is with Gardiner clamps. One year on and clamp no1 has very little adjustment left in it but is still gripping fine. I work full time 5 to 6 days a week and this pole covers 95% of my work. I bought a spare clamp and fitted it yesterday just to see if changing the clamp would extend the lifespan or  whether it was wear and tear on the pole section itself and delighted to find the new clamp looks like it has plenty of room for adjustment in it so now more confident i may get several more months out of it. The plus side of these clamps is that you don't have to adjust them as often as you do with the Gardiners ones and also they are removable with an allen key rather than glued on and at less than £8 a clamp then if your buying a pole just get a spare no 1 clamp, at that price its not an issue. (not disputing that Gardiners clamps are superior though). Also, the end cap wears out much faster than a Gardiners one so would be a good idea to get a couple of spares but again at £3.83 its not a problem
The pole itself is a pleasure to use, very light, very rigid , so much so it would be very difficult going back to a  clx/slx , the same has been said about the Extreme. I've never used an Extreme so cant make a direct comparison but nevertheless, there are some black and white differences, the main one being the price as already mentioned, a significant saving on the Nano. The weight is very similar, just 30 to 40 g heavier than an extreme (for a 18ft). another good point to bear in mind is that my plastic Gardiners goosenecks fit ,the metal screw thread is supplied loose so i can use all the Gardiners goodies with it.
You have to treat it with care just the same way you would an Extreme, i wash it through a couple of time a week and once a month take it to bits and give a good going over with ptfe spray. Having said this, i've dropped it no end of times and its come to no harm. I've also put a strip of electrical tape at the base of each section as these are the areas that start to splinter.
If i can get another 6 months out of it i'll be well chuffed but happy its come through some heavy use over a full year.
For me, the price makes it a no brainer. Obviously i cant comment on the larger poles, Xline claim their pole is stronger than the Extreme but then again they would wouldn't they, just as Alex would favour his own. Hope that's helped abit, i've just ordered another for stock so voting with my wallet.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 10:05:10 pm »
Thanks for your review mate.....

Does the pole give off a lot of carbon dust?

This is one of the things I hate about the Gardiner poles...within a couple of months my hands are black unless I have gloves on.....

NBwcs

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 10:08:27 pm »
Its just started to leave my hands black,  but not as much as my slx does.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 10:21:01 pm »
I bought 3 new xtreme sections earlier on in the year and added them to sections 4 and 5 of an existing xtreme....my section 4 is splintered in the middle of the section and all 3 of the new sections are splintered at the bottom already...another few months and they'll be fit for the bin....

I do abuse them though as I have lots of awkward windows to clean most days so my pole is regularly fully extended at 25ft,quite a few times horizontally....

I do flush them out and wipe my pole hose but not as often as I should and I hate the tape at the bottom of sections.... ::)roll

It always ends up getting chewed up in the clamp....does my head in and I end up removing it!

NWH

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 11:26:25 pm »
They always say they are stronger that’s because they are heavier.