This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

Cleaning Perspex windows
« on: November 18, 2021, 04:08:03 pm »
Hi
I have been asked by a potential customer to clean their windows on a converted church. The main atrium is glass but the other windows are perspex. He said that he had someone in who put a product on the perspex which brightened and made the perspex slightly clearer (he called it a moisturiser!). He said that it did improve the look and the clarity and wanted to know if we could provide a clean on a quarterly basis.
Has anyone had experience of such a product? If so is it easy to use?
Many thanks
Tim

Soupy

Re: Cleaning Perspex windows
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 04:09:47 pm »
Hi
I have been asked by a potential customer to clean their windows on a converted church. The main atrium is glass but the other windows are perspex. He said that he had someone in who put a product on the perspex which brightened and made the perspex slightly clearer (he called it a moisturiser!). He said that it did improve the look and the clarity and wanted to know if we could provide a clean on a quarterly basis.
Has anyone had experience of such a product? If so is it easy to use?
Many thanks
Tim

Sounds dodgy to me, how would that even work?

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 04:15:05 pm »
I know right. I am going to take a look at it next week but apparently they were charged about £500 for this service! I looked at a few different perspex cleaners but they are for more for localised scratches

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 05:24:02 pm »
Cleaning Perspex with wfp will cause scratches and when the sun is low in the sky it looks awfully, we won’t clean any clear Perspex because of this

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 06:21:36 pm »
My guess is he was using vision or similar, then blagging that it was some kind of miracle product.
If you get the job, best to use a flocked brush on Perspex.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 06:54:39 pm »
Some jobs you quote for, some jobs you don't. This is one of those jobs I would walk away from. The job will never look the same as that other cleaner did, so you will be chasing your tail.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 06:46:52 pm »
Walk away.....you ll scratch the perspex even with a flocked brush...
price higher/work harder!