van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

How many hours do you work a day?
« on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:02 pm »
Im 8.00am - 4.00pm.

If I finish the actual windows early I'll canvass the rest of the time to do a full 8 hour day.

Get the feeling from reading on here that others are swanning off at 1pm. Not sure how you can afford to do that financially every day. Also lazy in my book if you are doing that all the time. Different if you're semi retired or something.

Stoots

Re: How many hours do you work a day?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 08:11:33 pm »
Im 8.00am - 4.00pm.

If I finish the actual windows early I'll canvass the rest of the time to do a full 8 hour day.

Get the feeling from reading on here that others are swanning off at 1pm. Not sure how you can afford to do that financially every day. Also lazy in my book if you are doing that all the time. Different if you're semi retired or something.

On average 8 till 2.

3 or 4 days a week  ;D

Probably count on one hand the amount of times ive worked till 4 in the 6 years ive been at it. Its far too boring and tiring to work till that time if you work at a fast pace.

As for being lazy, i used to work 5 days but now i can earn in 3 days what i used to earn in 5 just by refining the round and being more efficent.

Plus i like to consider myself as semi retired, whats the point in going self employed to torture yourself with a 5 day week.

Finanicially i make enough to pay my bills and have some left over to play with and save a bit. I dont need to earn loads of money i live a very basic lifestyle... no interest in flash cars, clothes or 5 star holidays. I wear mainly primark these days haha

james peters

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 08:26:00 pm »
Im 8.00am - 4.00pm.

8.30 TO 2/3 PM  usually around 4 days , but sometimes 5 and maybe a saturday morning.
If I couldnt afford to knock of early , I wouldnt .
I live within my means , so that I dont have to join the rat race
I am not lazy . its taken years of not being lazy to get to this point

deeege

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 08:41:17 pm »
6-7 hours most days, Monday to Friday. Occasionally do a 10-12 hour day when work dictates and the money is right.

3 weeks off in summer, 2 weeks at Christmas and a week in October. Might start taking a week off in May also.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 09:36:37 pm »
8-12 usually,

My round is very well refined though, yesterday for example was £510 by midday. That was a £250 commercial job, then a £260 front and side render clean of a house. I started at 7:30am on the commercial, then onto the softwash job straight after. I was  home by midday. Those days are always amazing!

I now only have 9 days of domestic window cleaning per month.

The rest is commercial and softwashing etc.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 09:43:05 pm »
8-12 usually,

My round is very well refined though, yesterday for example was £510 by midday. That was a £250 commercial job, then a £260 front and side render clean of a house. I started at 7:30am on the commercial, then onto the softwash job straight after. I was  home by midday. Those days are always amazing!

How physically hard is a softwash generally compared to say "normal" domestic window cleaning or to a Conservatory clean? (Or a Gutter/Soffit/Fascia clean)
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 09:50:25 pm »
How hard is it to spray detergent on a wall lol.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 09:53:24 pm »
Its very easy.

Even you could manage it, to a fashion, after a probationary period.

richard connett

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 10:18:09 pm »
Not sure what your doing wrong but I work 8- 2 . 4 weeks on 2 weeks off and have to be really careful not to go vat registered again . By 1 o’clock I’ve had enough for the day and can’t wait to finish but we work really hard

EandM

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 12:31:53 am »
Only about half of them at the moment.
Seemed to have developed an issue after my last Covid shot.
Off to see the cardiologist.
Annoying as work was going well.

zesty

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 07:09:48 am »
8-12 usually,

How physically hard is a softwash generally compared to say "normal" domestic window cleaning or to a Conservatory clean? (Or a Gutter/Soffit/Fascia clean)

On an easiness scale, 1 being easy, 10 being hard.

Softwashing (Domestic) 2

Conny roofs 7 (can be easier, so many variables)

FSG’s (I hate) 8

Softwashing can be hard though, once a year we do a large commercial building, using gardiner xtreme 35 with a spray tip to cover the building - it’s pretty hard on the arms as it’s heavy with the bigger hose we use. It’s also massive.

Domestic is always really easy.

zesty

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 07:12:02 am »

Doesn’t sound good. What’s changed?

EandM

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 10:18:05 am »

Doesn’t sound good. What’s changed?

I asked the GP and he didn't know.
There is a possibility of developing Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) from either the vaccinations or from catching covid asymptomatically.
Was out working and had something akin to a heart attack.
Lasted about three hours - could just be stress but it's a bit weird.
Had an ECG, blood tests and a Chest X-ray but there seems to be a lack of joined up thinking and no one seems to have correlated the results.
Have to go up for a CT and Echo scan.
Hopefully it's nothing.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 10:29:18 am »
All the best mate, yep these vaccines do have risks, I know a lot of people my age who won’t have it. Not until there are longer term data patterns on the adverse effects.

It’s a difficult topic.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 11:17:54 am »
I had the first jab,panic attack nearly passed out in the tent  :D then bottled the second one.

Already had covid and have a heart condition.

That said, sure what you experienced wasn't an anxiety attack ? Symptoms mimic a heart attack,been to hospital twice with them convinced I was dying.

EandM

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 11:42:30 am »
All the best mate, yep these vaccines do have risks, I know a lot of people my age who won’t have it. Not until there are longer term data patterns on the adverse effects.

It’s a difficult topic.

Thank you Zesty.

Yes, you're right.
I'm 52, never smoked, don't drink and work outside.
But I have asthma which combined with age makes me 'high risk'.
As long as the vaccine has less chance of killing me than the virus, it's worth the risk.
Could simply be the effects of having caught covid and not realising.
A friend has had both jabs then caught covid about three weeks later. She was really ill too.

Strange days indeed.

EandM

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 11:51:54 am »
I had the first jab,panic attack nearly passed out in the tent  :D then bottled the second one.

That said, sure what you experienced wasn't an anxiety attack ? Symptoms mimic a heart attack,been to hospital twice with them convinced I was dying.

Good grief that sounds awful!

I've had panic attacks for about 30 years but his was something different.
My chest seized up for about three hours and was extremely nauseous.

The GP drew a blank - it was far too long for a panic attack and not lethal enough for a heart attack.

Talked to the Cardiologist yesterday and she didn't know either but warned that further scans may not show up anything at all.

You're quite right though - could very easily all be down to stress.

The advice is that if it happens again, call an ambulance and see if they can witness it and work out what it is - if anything?

Take care out there.

Bungle

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2021, 11:58:17 am »
Still waiting for dazmond to come on and tell us about his drum kit and golf gtd
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:47 pm »

Good grief that sounds awful!

I've had panic attacks for about 30 years but his was something different.
My chest seized up for about three hours and was extremely nauseous.

The GP drew a blank - it was far too long for a panic attack and not lethal enough for a heart attack.

Talked to the Cardiologist yesterday and she didn't know either but warned that further scans may not show up anything at all.

You're quite right though - could very easily all be down to stress.

The advice is that if it happens again, call an ambulance and see if they can witness it and work out what it is - if anything?

Take care out there.

Back pain-stomach pain-memory problems and a lot else can all be down to stress.

jay moley

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 03:23:32 pm »
Not sure what your doing wrong but I work 8- 2 . 4 weeks on 2 weeks off and have to be really careful not to go vat registered again . By 1 o’clock I’ve had enough for the day and can’t wait to finish but we work really hard

What money do you do on average a day, turnover?

Where are you based?