van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: How to price the window cleaning for a pub
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2021, 08:57:29 pm »
Never thought I would say this but NHW is right £40-60 for two hours work doing pubs is madness earn far more doing easy domestic 9-5 .

Nigel said that all pubs are not worth cleaning long before the Woking chap told us his £20-£30ph price.

There’s plenty of pub/restaurant work out there paying considerably more than that, if you are capable of upselling yourself and offering a quality service, which Nigel clearly isn’t.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2021, 09:22:02 pm »
Never thought I would say this but NHW is right £40-60 for two hours work doing pubs is madness earn far more doing easy domestic 9-5 .

Nigel said that all pubs are not worth cleaning long before the Woking chap told us his £20-£30ph price.

There’s plenty of pub/restaurant work out there paying considerably more than that, if you are capable of upselling yourself and offering a quality service, which Nigel clearly isn’t.

We used to do quite a few pubs but  over the  years prices have gone down by ones undercutting just like shops in our area so we don’t do many now we do have a few restaurants but the money isn’t great funny this post has come up as I have been thinking about dropping them several are owned by TV celebrate chefs and ones like the prestige of saying they clean xxx windows so go in cheap  .

NWH

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2021, 10:05:02 pm »
Commercial jobs are done for a fraction of what they were 10-15 years ago and that’s a fact,you could start at 5 and by 11 you’d done 2 days money almost.
I can remember a woman stopping
Me and saying you want to get into commercial window cleaning that’s where the money is my husband only cleans commercial,that’s was in about 2007 a year later he was cleaning houses,all that glitters is not always gold an old boy told me once how true that is apart from the gold bezel on my Breitling  🤣🤣

deeege

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 10:24:23 pm »
Commercial jobs are done for a fraction of what they were 10-15 years ago and that’s a fact.

Is that really  a fact? I was in business 11 years ago and I clean quite a few commercial now that I did then. Every single one of them the price has been increased even when taking inflation into account.

You are talking bollox as usual. 
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

windowswashed

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 10:27:52 pm »
New window cleaners charge silly prices trying to obtain new work and quite often those that have taken on new employees trying to fill their rounds. That's the joys of the internet opening up the scope for new people wishing to get into this game since wfp.  Quite often get asked by recommendations to clean where splash and dash outfits were working because of poor results  from charging too little a lot and the customers get a shock when I tell them my price but they stick with me when they realise I do a proper job without cutting corners.

I have my pricing  rate which I stick to regardless of location, the size or type of property and won't budge on pricing.  Certain places and types of property I won't entertain for all the money in the world as I know what works and what doesn't from experience.

Slacky

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2021, 11:54:19 pm »
Commercial jobs are done for a fraction of what they were 10-15 years ago and that’s a fact.

Is that really  a fact? I was in business 11 years ago and I clean quite a few commercial now that I did then. Every single one of them the price has been increased even when taking inflation into account.

You are talking bollox as usual.

Absolutely.

NWH

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2021, 12:39:51 am »
Up sell my Ar** it ain’t worth the trouble my boy better money doing houses,I could very well say get some decent domestics you must have low paying ones if you can make better money messing about cleaning windows on pubs these days.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2021, 12:48:23 am »
If you did a pub and charged £70-80 notes and was there half hour 40 minutes they’d think off you go,if you did the same on domestics they might not bat 🦇 an eyelid I think I’ll stick with the sleeping bats 🦇 far less Agro from some jumped up teenager managing a chain pub.

deeege

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2021, 09:04:00 am »
If you did a pub and charged £70-80 notes and was there half hour 40 minutes they’d think off you go.

I have cleaned a pub/restaurant every 3 weeks for the last 10 years pal, it’s £80 and takes exactly an hour.  So  far I’ve outlasted 4 different managers.

So yet again you are wrong.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2021, 09:51:08 am »
Well you must be cleaning pubs that the manager has no say in expenditure I’m not saying you don’t have decent pubs you clean fair play to you look at it generally,pubs in villages and towns that are independent won’t pay 70-80 an hour.

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2021, 09:54:39 am »

Well you must be cleaning pubs that the manager has no say in expenditure I’m not saying you don’t have decent pubs you clean fair play to you look at it generally,pubs in villages and towns that are independent won’t pay 70-80 an hour.

I’d imagine it’s the opposite of that.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2021, 09:57:27 am »
If I was mainly commercial I’d be walking on egg shells 🐚 at the moment they don’t cut back on the frequency of a clean if they go you go end of,I’ve been cleaning windows through 3 recessions domestically every time I’ve lost little to no work,my advise to someone taking on commercial would be look at it as a bonus price well above what you normally would it’s not bread and butter work. 

NWH

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2021, 10:00:15 am »
I’d like to see you clean a pub on a regular basis be there 1-5- 2 hours and give him an invoice for 160 notes 🤣🤣,must be a pub on a cloud and all the locals are wearing shrouds lol.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2021, 10:08:12 am »
I see window cleaners doing shops 1 particular 1 every single Friday 🤒 that’s every single Friday he’s there working from 1 end to the other for not great money,can’t think of anything worse than thinking every Friday is taken up with the exact same jobs I bet they even get fed up with him.
Thing I love about pubs and shops is that they think they can pay you whenever they fancy lol.

deeege

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2021, 10:13:40 am »
You’re just making yourself look daft now pal. I’ve shown you that it’s possible and now you’re moving the goalposts. Give it up.

NWH

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2021, 10:30:56 am »
Keep you’re pubs m8 good on ya.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2021, 11:21:47 am »
Keep you’re pubs m8 good on ya.

Shut up please.
It's a game of three halves!

james peters

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2021, 11:29:26 am »
I see window cleaners doing shops 1 particular 1 every single Friday 🤒 that’s every single Friday he’s there working from 1 end to the other for not great money,can’t think of anything worse than thinking every Friday is taken up with the exact same jobs I bet they even get fed up with him.
Thing I love about pubs and shops is that they think they can pay you whenever they fancy lol.

I do a few village shops and petrol stations where I have houses to clean,  some are one window , one door , and I charge £10
takes about 5 mins from start to finish including payment. why wouldnt I want to do them ?
I do a pub in a country village next door to several domestics  £25 takes 20 mins why wouldnt I want to do it? ::)roll

you see Nigel . you cant comprehend  the area I live in
I have a 4 bed detatched, seperate garage , drive , and nice size garden. I am very close to a national park with fantastic views .
I couldnt by a tin box in your area of the country for what my house cost.
so I dont need to get £80 an hour . or whatever it is you seem to earn.

I would also like you to explain how you arent vat registered? I would be way over it at your prices.
I have asked this before but you have avoided it .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2021, 11:29:41 am »
If I was mainly commercial I’d be walking on egg shells 🐚 at the moment they don’t cut back on the frequency of a clean if they go you go end of,I’ve been cleaning windows through 3 recessions domestically every time I’ve lost little to no work,my advise to someone taking on commercial would be look at it as a bonus price well above what you normally would it’s not bread and butter work.
Oh dear, that’s a funny looking eggshell🤣🤣🤣🤣

Splash & dash

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2021, 01:20:25 pm »
Oh dear, that’s a funny looking eggshell🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes more like a sea shell 😂😂😂😂😂