van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kurtv

How to price the window cleaning for a pub
« on: October 20, 2021, 10:36:41 pm »
Hi all. I have been asked to go and price up  a pub tomorrow where a freind works . I only do residential and am not sure how to go about this , could anyone give me any advice  please ?
Its insides and outs.

Splash & dash

Re: How to price the window cleaning for a pub
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 10:41:48 pm »
Hi all. I have been asked to go and price up  a pub tomorrow where a freind works . I only do residential and am not sure how to go about this , could anyone give me any advice  please ?
Its insides and outs.

Look at how long it will take you and work out what you want to earn and you have your prices  personally I would charge more for that than a domestic , but it would also depend on frequency of the clean but ultimately it’s up to you .

adman

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 10:45:30 pm »
Pubs tend to want a cheap price round here

NWH

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 11:29:40 pm »
No money in cleaning pubs for the time they take they won’t pay enough for it,I see guys I know doing the pubs around the areas I clean and they all work for well under what most other windies charge.
Saw one last week he was there from 8-11ish when I drove back past the place,a pub won’t pay what most will want for 3 hours.

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 06:45:01 am »
Price how you would for a normal job for the outsides and half as much again to double for insides. If you get it great, if you don't no big deal.

Granny

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 06:47:27 am »
At least there is the smoking ban now.
Before that inside pubs was a horrible thing to do ???

EandM

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 09:30:26 am »
Typically five pints for the outside and up to ten for the inside.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 02:15:02 pm »
Price how you would for a normal job for the outsides and half as much again to double for insides. If you get it great, if you don't no big deal.

That wouldn’t work in certain areas people spending 2-3 hours cleaning pubs in and out for 60 notes

deeege

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 04:36:04 pm »
There’s still plenty of Pub/restaurants that are willing to pay decent money for decent window cleaning.

Go and take a look and provide your price, worst that can happen is they say no. Just be aware that you’re probably not going to be able to clean the insides in the morning as the landlord will likely be asleep or not on site.

I do a few Pubs still and earn very good money from them.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Kurtv

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 07:51:29 pm »
Thanks guys . I went to look at it today. Theres 50 windows that are all little squares apart from few doors . Theres 521 little squares. Would really appreciate if anyone can tell me what kind of figure I'm looking at ?

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 07:58:23 pm »
It’s tricky some pubs like it done every week you could do the busy areas more often and do the other parts say once a month,it might give you a better price for you’re time as they don’t like to pay what you may think.
Chain pubs won’t pay the rate you may get on houses.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 08:00:33 pm »
The trouble with commercial stuff like this is that you are tied to it if it’s weekly you’ve got to be there and make sure you do it like I say every week,years ago I would have taken it on but I don’t want that kind of commitment to frequency these days I like to think some weeks-days sod it I’ll go there today but it’s not so easy with stuff like that it’s got to be done.

Ched

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 08:01:47 pm »
Thanks guys . I went to look at it today. Theres 50 windows that are all little squares apart from few doors . Theres 521 little squares. Would really appreciate if anyone can tell me what kind of figure I'm looking at ?
It depends on you in a big way - it's your business. Do you think you could do 1 window a minute? If so an hours work! So charge at 2 x your hourly rate.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 08:14:44 pm »
Even if the landlord goes for the price it’s head office that will cull you if and when they look at expenditure,they won’t pay decent money most of the time it always ends up coming back to the same thing stick to domestics on the majority they are more dependable in more difficult times,pubs and such like will drop you like a bad habit.

cat9921

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 08:52:33 pm »

Bungle

We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 09:11:18 am »

Its insides and outs.

£50

He'd get the outside done for that.

If they want a decent job doing rubbing kid snot off 520 interior Georgian panes they can expect to pay out a full day for it ta.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 11:49:35 am »
Forget the panes how many windows are there

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 12:23:41 pm »
I used to clean a few pubs years ago...they used to be a nightmare to clean the insides due to cigarettes...also a lot of the time the landlord wasn't around to pay me in the morning so I'd have to call back for the money...

Despite these things not being an issue these days I probably wouldn't take the job on personally as I don't like cleaning inside windows
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 02:51:42 pm »
You can’t get enough for em you’ll earn more cleaning houses in the time they takes  smoking or no smoking these days.