This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Granny

Resin and RO users
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:09:16 am »
Hi all
When I was DI only I used the resin until the TDS was about the same as out of the tap (up to 100).
With an RO I obviously can't do that, so once it rises up to about 5 at most it's time to bin it.
Do any of you use that resin in another vessel BEFORE the RO or will it damage the membranes, or get spent so quickly it's just not worth it?
Ta.
Granny

Lee GLS

Re: Resin and RO users
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:59:13 am »
Just don’t bother with resin. I stopped using it 10 years ago. The water out my ro is 010, when it gets to 025 I replace the RO

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:29:02 pm »
Just don’t bother with resin. I stopped using it 10 years ago. The water out my ro is 010, when it gets to 025 I replace the RO

same here - 006 from RO - will change when it gets to 015

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 12:36:01 pm »
I've not got a lot of pressure it seems, mine is coming out of the RO at 20 I thought that would be a bit too high for the windows.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 12:50:19 pm »
borderline - get yourself a booster pump

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 12:51:32 pm »
I've not got a lot of pressure it seems, mine is coming out of the RO at 20 I thought that would be a bit too high for the windows.

I used to be paranoid about zero ppm.
Now I am happy at 010 in my storage tanks   and don't worry if it is below 015.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 05:04:53 pm »
Ive had problems with as little as 3 or 4 tds.

Using 0 gives me more confidence to clean faster, especially when its direct sunlight.

Not sure i understand the question though, Surely you use an R.O then finish it off with resin.

At what point you change the R.O membrane is entriely up to you.

Granny

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 05:19:37 pm »
Hi Stoots
Yes I do finish off with a 11 litre resin vessel in the van.
The question is:
Instead of binning the Resin at a very low TDS around 0 to 5.
Could I use it BEFORE the RO to extend the life of the membranes by using the resin near up to the TDS level of the input water?
Or would the resin be spent purifying water at 280 so quickly that it's not worth it?
I have 3 resin vessels so it's a simple matter to move the vessel before the RO.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 08:55:56 pm »
what's your input TDS?

Granny

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 10:13:05 am »
Around 280

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 11:41:36 am »
Then any resin before the ro will have the life span of a Christian in the colosseum on tiger training night

Darran

NBwcs

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 11:46:03 am »
Ive had problems with as little as 3 or 4 tds.

Using 0 gives me more confidence to clean faster, especially when its direct sunlight.

Not sure i understand the question though, Surely you use an R.O then finish it off with resin.

At what point you change the R.O membrane is entriely up to you.

If you've had problems at tds of 4 it's entirely down to technique, no one should be getting probs at that level. (that you could blame on the water). One of my colleagues inadvertently went out and cleaned with water with a tds in the 80s and got away with it. Anything under 10 is absolutely fine.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 03:13:06 pm »
Hi Stoots
Yes I do finish off with a 11 litre resin vessel in the van.
The question is:
Instead of binning the Resin at a very low TDS around 0 to 5.
Could I use it BEFORE the RO to extend the life of the membranes by using the resin near up to the TDS level of the input water?
Or would the resin be spent purifying water at 280 so quickly that it's not worth it?
I have 3 resin vessels so it's a simple matter to move the vessel before the RO.

I'd just let it go up to 10 to 15 in situ.
It's a game of three halves!