van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin Saunders

Mac Avant, doff , thermatech
« on: October 18, 2021, 09:32:14 am »
Hi. I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone one could give me some advice about a Mac Avant 1. Would it be suitable for cleaning brickwork, stonework and patios etc. Similar to a doff or thermatech. Or does anyone know something that could do the job of those but cheaper. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Smudger

Re: Mac Avant, doff , thermatech
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 03:10:41 pm »
Yes it will clean brickwork but you need more than just a good machine if it's paint removal etc..

I've used thermotech - they are excellent

If your on a budget then mazzoni hot box is a very good option at around £1500

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Martin Saunders

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:36:43 am »
Thanks for the reply. What type of pressure washer would be good to go with this hot box? I do stone masonry repair and repointing and was just wanting to add masonry cleaning on the side and was wanting something that's not too powerful that will destroy the face of stone and Brickwork. I aim for a thermatech or doff(can't decide which would be better) but I don't have that kind of money at the moment. I was just looking at a cheaper alternative in the meantime. I got offered a Mac Avant for £950 was just wondering if it would do a similar job.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 04:01:58 pm »
Yes at that price run with it

Just use the correct nozzles

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk