This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

New style coated ally frames - scratches from brush stock
« on: October 04, 2021, 09:10:08 pm »
Have a customer we've done since house was new, they are complaining of scratches on the coated ally frames and there are some scuffs and scratches. Any ideas how I might get them out, an abrasive such as pink stuff might be too harsh and the finish will never be the same.

Splash & dash

Re: New style coated ally frames - scratches from brush stock
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 09:30:17 pm »
Have a customer we've done since house was new, they are complaining of scratches on the coated ally frames and there are some scuffs and scratches. Any ideas how I might get them out, an abrasive such as pink stuff might be too harsh and the finish will never be the same.

An automotive polish like tee cut or the modern equivalent should get rid of it .

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 09:33:40 pm »

An automotive polish like tee cut or the modern equivalent should get rid of it .
Cheers, Ill give it a go on a small area.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 11:16:52 pm »
If they are anodised then I think you'll be out of luck

try a polish first - then  a coloured t-cut - pink stuff is brill but I don't think it will help in this case

your looking to add colour back into the surface

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 08:06:20 am »

your looking to add flour back into the surface
How do you mean Darran? I did try pink stuff on a different property but same frames/ it removed the mark but you could still see where it was used. Couldn't really blend it in to look ok.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 09:01:39 am »
Why do you even get the stock of the brush near to the plastic frames,I’ve not seen some people cleaning windows with the pole I’ve heard them,bang bang against the frames and sills there’s no need for anyone to do that to clean a window and frames.
If anything my brush stocks get slightly grazed because of the brickwork close to the outer part of the window.

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 10:15:38 am »
Why do you even get the stock of the brush near to the plastic frames,I’ve not seen some people cleaning windows with the pole I’ve heard them,bang bang against the frames and sills there’s no need for anyone to do that to clean a window and frames.
If anything my brush stocks get slightly grazed because of the brickwork close to the outer part of the window.
Very helpful, thanks.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 12:43:33 pm »
Nigel - again you have failed to understand or even read the op - you are such a bell end !

sorry for the predictive text error - with anodised Ali any scratches will go through the protective surface - you cant really polish these out unless thy are really really light, your best approach is to disguise/fill the scratch with a colour - not ideal but not a lot you can do

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 06:46:33 pm »
Nigel - again you have failed to understand or even read the op - you are such a bell end !

sorry for the predictive text error - with anodised Ali any scratches will go through the protective surface - you cant really polish these out unless thy are really really light, your best approach is to disguise/fill the scratch with a colour - not ideal but not a lot you can do

Darran

Thankfully the lady was ok about it, just wanted to point it out so I am aware and can stop it happening in the future. It's one of 4 and all four are badly marked on the bottom bar of the frame. It's happening when swiveling the brush to clean and deep sill usually covered in cobwebs and leaves. Thankfully I only do two of the 4 and the other two are far worse.