van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Barry Petrie

New business
« on: September 30, 2021, 04:56:27 pm »
Hi guys, looking for some new business info, is carpet cleaning a good business, if you get marketing correct, proper training and if you can get the work, is carpet cleaning a good business to be in, I already run a ltd company for various things, I I'm looking at adding carpet cleaning to my existing services

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: New business
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:09:34 pm »
If I had to do it all again and for the start up costs for decent equipment and ROI and earning potential nope I’d do something completely different.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 08:08:39 pm »
I left the carpet cleaning industry as I think it’s going down the drain, I certainly would start up in carpet cleaning now given the knowledge I have of the industry.

Facebook has killed it dead with the 3 rooms for £50 brigade.

Find something else to invest your money in
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Barry.Petrie

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 06:25:36 am »
Hi Mike and Shaun, yes I have seen some of the offers on Facebook, even 3 carpets for £75, how can anybody survive or even grow a business with these rates, I’m basically looking for as much advice as people are willing to give so I can make up my mind as where to add carpet cleaning to my business, there is definitely  demand for it in my area as I see people looking all the time for carpet cleaning, I will probably arrange a course soon to see if I can get my head around the various chemicals, I have  coshh certification already so I’m probably half way there already,

Barry

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 10:05:06 am »
If you already have a database of customers to market the carpet cleaning to then you might have viable business especially if the are at the higher end of the market and are willing to pay a high price (for quality work)

There is a demand everywhere for carpet cleaners but that doesn’t mean they are willing to pay top prices, if they’ve been condition to the 3 for £60 advertising on Facebook it’s hard to convince them to pay more.

You need high end customers to make it pay
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 07:36:00 pm »
Carpet cleaning when set up and running regularly bringing in work can have a ceiling then you look at expanding into 2 vans but the 2 van scenario doesn’t earn you double even though your turnover may increase the profit is probably far less then what you think I’ve been there.

My brother in law sells and renovates snooker tables a £6k table will make him 50% he can sell and install one in a day finding customers is harder but he does 1-2 a week there’s quite a bit of planning when installing but you can see what I’m getting at.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 06:37:06 am »
guys

with facebook its what you are not seeing. direct post to your customer from your database you uploaded as a facebook audience. plus you dont want to be talking to EVERYONE but building relationships with people that know and trust you.

its cheap, and providing you have offers and a good range of services the time will come when their need matches up with one of your offers. They already know you so no prices residence this time around.

The only reason they call other cleaners is because they dont have your number and you did a poor job of reminding them about how awesome you are.

Respects

David Coker

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 01:38:01 pm »
I've been cleaning carpets since 1985 and last week was my busiest week for about thirty years. All residential work, we don't clean commercial.  And we are the most expensive in the area by far.

So yes, there's plenty of money still in carpet cleaning providing you don't target Facebook type customers.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 11:50:36 am »
If you know how to practise 'value-building' then you can sell carpet cleaning for any price you choose.