This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bertie1967

extra hose reel
« on: September 29, 2021, 07:09:09 pm »
hi all just a bit of advice i have a school to clean very soon i have a 500 x-line system i need another 100 metre hose reel attached to the 1st hose reel my question is do you think it have enough power to pump water to the extra hose reel ?? i do have a back bag but it will take too long to keep topping up with water as its a long walk not getting any younger loool
TIA

james peters

Re: extra hose reel
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:33:58 pm »
hi all just a bit of advice i have a school to clean very soon i have a 500 x-line system i need another 100 metre hose reel attached to the 1st hose reel my question is do you think it have enough power to pump water to the extra hose reel ?? i do have a back bag but it will take too long to keep topping up with water as its a long walk not getting any younger loool
TIA

I'm not sure about the extra 100 metres of hose , but I am sure someone on here will  know.
another idea , is to pre - fill several 25 ltr barrells , and place them at different points  before starting , in the areas your hose wont reach.
perhaps doing this and just adding another 50 meters  may be the answer

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »
I use to run 300m out for fronts of a building and same with the back, no problems with a flojet pump of 9litre output.

Bertie1967

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 07:55:28 pm »
its got a 100 psi pump on the system i think if i turn up the flow it might do the job

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »
TIA

Yes no problem we regularly do this on some large commercial jobs , just up the flow rate on the controller , and you will be fine , pump will get a bit hotter than normal  but we haven’t had any issues .

Bertie1967

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 09:36:32 pm »
great thanks off to buy a new hose reel thanks for all your help much appreciated
 ;D ;D ;D

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 02:18:14 pm »
It will be sound mate, I have just finished a job we’re we had 2 x 200m 8mm hose joined with brass inline connector, then 1 had 80m of pole hose other had about 40m of pole hose.

As we was working all day for a few days I was able to leave van engine running for maximum power to pumps via relay.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 02:33:10 pm »
People use 1 pump for 2 reels so you’ll be fine flat out though I would be on that pump.

Slash

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 02:19:43 pm »
One pump is more than capable of running two hose reels,done it before but doubled the flow rate.
If one operator stops the flow you will notice an increase in yours obviously.
Make sure the hoses are of the same lenght.

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 03:51:11 pm »
I was running 2 separate pumps and I always run mine on 99 ( fuel speed ) …. I no people do use 1 pump for 2 reels but I wouldn’t personally just set up for 2 separate pumps ….. cost of a second set up is not much

Don Kee

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 12:01:38 pm »
One pump is more than capable of running two hose reels,done it before but doubled the flow rate.
If one operator stops the flow you will notice an increase in yours obviously.
Make sure the hoses are of the same lenght.

He’s joining two hosereels together to make 200m of hose, not running two separate hosereels.