van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

Gooseneck valve
« on: September 25, 2021, 05:15:35 pm »
Hi all anybody use a gooseneck valve and do they only work on gardiner poles ant thoughts thanks andy

windowswashed

Re: Gooseneck valve
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 05:47:00 pm »
Only used one once or twice and couldn't get on with it because I pefer to use a swivel brush. It's ideal kit if you use a fixed brush.

jim bean

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 12:02:46 am »
Probably can be adapted to work on other poles don’t have it to hand to look at but there should be a way there usually is
I think They’re great when you get the hang of it, I much prefer them to univalves

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 09:14:31 am »
Agree with Jim bean. If it fits in a pole there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work.

However, I do use mine with a swivel. This can be accomplished if you keep the gooseneck straight or at a shallow angle and use a 30 degree angled swivel on the brush. If you have to use a greater angle on the gooseneck a lot of the time, I’d agree it can be tricky. A univalve would be the better option.
Thankfully I don’t as I prefer the twist action

We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

the king

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 06:45:48 am »
Is it like the aqua tap as i couldn't get on with that

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 03:11:28 pm »
Is it like the aqua tap as i couldn't get on with that

Similar principle but more refined. I believe that Alex was heavily involved with Peter Fogwill in redesigning it to suit the Gardiner pole. I understand that Steve Jones has patented the pull-on-the-hose valve action, so all that was left was the twist on/off action.

I loved the Aquadaptor as you did have some control at manually reducing water flow at the brush head when you occasionally needed to. With the Univalve, we don't have that option. The twist action does allow better control of water flow when needed, but it's not the perfect solution imho.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

the king

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 08:51:21 pm »
I rember the aquadapter loved the cog were you could slow flow down but i do prefer the less problematic univalve and its liter. Used to snap springs and gromit leaking was a pain . I found with Peters aqua tap lower windows were really a pain as water turned off think i chucked it in the bin in the end

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 09:19:40 pm »
I rember the aquadapter loved the cog were you could slow flow down but i do prefer the less problematic univalve and its liter. Used to snap springs and gromit leaking was a pain . I found with Peters aqua tap lower windows were really a pain as water turned off think i chucked it in the bin in the end

We still have an Aquadaptor on one of the poles which has a flocked brush we use for leaded windows.

That pole is probably used once or twice a day. I just had to replace a broken spring about 2 months ago. I believe that broken spring had to have been about  4 years old.

TBH I had even considered putting an Aquadaptor back on my SLX27 and compensating for the extra weight by going to an Extreme brush. The on/off operation of the Aquadaptor is much easier than the Univalve which does require much more effort.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)