Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carmelo Labadie

®®® Tips and Tricks!
« on: September 23, 2021, 05:24:36 am »
I wanted to start a tips and tricks thread. All of us use different things to make are job easier, faster and that give us lower operating costs. The Fels-Naptha tip was one of the best I've ever used. Well I'm going to start this thread off with this tip. I have more to add if everyone participates.

To cover my quick connects and protect wood floors from getting scratched and from the heat. I cut 6 inch sections of a swimming noodle that are already slit down one side. They are very easy to slide over and take off the quick connects. They work great for protection and are very cheap to replace when they get worn out or dirty. I buy noodles that are my company colors.

I'll go ahead and add one more. This one is for Pre-vacuuming a home. I keep a cheap box of fabric softener sheets in my van. I put a sheet in my vac canister before I start. It puts off a much better smell in the house when you pre-vac and have not had time to properly clean your vac between houses.

mr muzzy

Re: ®®® Tips and Tricks!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:10:17 am »
What was the fels naphtha used for thanks

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 02:02:19 pm »
What was the fels naphtha used for thanks

Did someone mention fels Naptha? ;D ;D Used for general spotting in the USA

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 01:40:05 pm »
I got sent a couple of these bars from ccmtec on a recent order ,not tried it yet, but I remember you mentioning it some time ago Mike , is this the stuff you just rub on the spots prior to rinsing? It's quite high pH iirc?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 02:45:15 pm »
Yes it’s like a solid bar of spotter, there used to be a UK equivalent ‘fairy laundry bar’ but it was discontinued.

I would rub a spot with it then use the old…. ‘rub it with your shoe’ technique and then clean as normal. Don’t know the ph
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 08:14:01 pm »
Stopped using this......it worked but found it tended to leave the area used on looking as though it had been bleached....the stain went but where it had been stood out from the rest of the carpet.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.