This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl2009

Re: My van "blew up" yesterday. Latest opinions as to Ionics Triton needed.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2021, 11:49:47 am »
The first thing I would do is assess the damage.

The most common problem causing a runaway diesel engine is excess oil entering the engine via the turbo charger. A less common cause is the engine over filled with oil.  If you caught the engine in time and stalled it, then you shouldn't have experienced any engine damage and a repair is feasible.

Replacement turbo-charger and a flush out of all the inlet pipes and intercooler if you have one. But if you let it run on until it died its death over revving then the engine is toast.

I am no mechanic and a runaway was totally new to me. I know understand what can cause it and how to stop it. Unfortunately it ran till it died. On the other hand the value was probably £2600 (not including the system and other kit, just the van). I was wondering whether to change or not given I have only 5 years to go, but it needs a new rear axle as torsion bar has gone and maintenance has crept up over the years. In all honesty I probably needed a replacement anyway and this has just forcced my hand.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2021, 06:21:32 pm »

The most common problem causing a runaway diesel engine is excess oil entering the engine via the turbo charger. A less common cause is the engine over filled with oil.  If you caught the engine in time and stalled it, then you shouldn't have experienced any engine damage and a repair is feasible.

Replacement turbo-charger and a flush out of all the inlet pipes and intercooler if you have one. But if you let it run on until it died its death over revving then the engine is toast.

I am no mechanic and a runaway was totally new to me. I know understand what can cause it and how to stop it. Unfortunately it ran till it died. On the other hand the value was probably £2600 (not including the system and other kit, just the van). I was wondering whether to change or not given I have only 5 years to go, but it needs a new rear axle as torsion bar has gone and maintenance has crept up over the years. In all honesty I probably needed a replacement anyway and this has just forcced my hand.
you think that pure freedom has a long waiting list,waiting until you try for a brand new van  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll :o :o :o :o

simon w

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2021, 07:27:29 pm »

you think that pure freedom has a long waiting list,waiting until you try for a brand new van  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll :o :o :o :o

I've been waiting since March, deposit paid August delivery date has been moved to Mid November and told anyone ordering new now has a 12 month wait from order to delivery. Price of quality used vans is going to soar while people wait for new.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 07:45:29 am »
i had a brand new van on my driveway within 3 weeks of initial enquiry when i got mine nearly 5 years ago.....how times have changed.... :(
price higher/work harder!