This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Safecontractor accreditation
« on: September 10, 2021, 02:04:58 pm »
Who has it and where is the best place to get it?

a commercial client we have cleaned for over 10 years is asking for it!  ???
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

cgh window cleaning

Re: Safecontractor accreditation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 02:30:19 pm »
You get it through safe contractor direct.

I have it and you fill in the forms and questionnaire  you send evidence of RAMS and your health and safety policy and documents to them to be audited depending how busy they are how much you pay  it then takes around a month to get accredited

As far as I'm aware no third part helps you gain this like they do with CHAS or iOS.

Martin Lane

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 02:37:17 pm »
We have been safe contractor approved for about 12 years, a few of our bigger clients and some managing agent now want it.
I think they do  a premium service where they will help you with all the documents you will need

Martin

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 03:18:46 pm »

I have it and you fill in the forms and questionnaire  you send evidence of RAMS and your health and safety policy and documents to them to be audited depending how busy they are how much you pay  it then takes around a month to get accredited

As far as I'm aware no third part helps you gain this like they do with CHAS or iOS.

Do you have a link to their website?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

simon w

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 05:10:40 pm »
We did it year on year just for the sake of it so we could use their logos stick accreditation on website etc. Safecontracor used to move the goal posts every year it cost a bit and didn't really do anymore than we were already doing with regards to  following and being able to show evidence of health and safety within our work sector. You can easily fulfill your customers health and safety requirements without the added cost of Safecontracor I'd rather spend the money on a local health safety consultant to work with you to get a full health safety policy RAMS etc then keep everything in house going forward.

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 06:24:39 pm »

Do you have a link to their website?

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=safe+contractor

Ascjim

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 08:44:52 pm »
Most of our customers need Safe Contractor or Chas.

I think we pay around £400 per year.

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 09:24:05 pm »
I have it and use an external health and safety advisor, I pay her a monthly subscription and she covers all my h&s rams etc

Ascjim

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 09:33:07 am »
I have it and use an external health and safety advisor, I pay her a monthly subscription and she covers all my h&s rams etc

Does she go to all your sites as well?