This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Strange

Softwash Systems Training
« on: August 10, 2021, 11:19:22 pm »
Hi all
Looking to expand our pressure washing business to include roof cleaning, render etc and thinking of booking a course (3 day training with these guys, heard good reviews, anyone used them or heard of them ?
Ges Clean Ltd

Smudger

Re: Softwash Systems Training
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:20:06 am »
Personally, waste of time - it's not complicated to soft wash but I do understand people wanting training - my understanding is that they will really push for you to buy their equipment

i've heard both good and bad about Softwash - you need to filter good and bad feedback and see if people have other deeper agendas.

Look up a few videos online - you can turn your p/w into a soft washing machine for £60 if your so inclined

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Strange

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:29:43 am »
Thanks Darren, for me its getting as much information as possible in practical training (rather than a lot of online videos), aware that they will try sell their gear although the feedback i have heard is they are not pushy and happy to just share the knowledge, their gear is super expensive although i suppose yo can lease if its massive scaling up your looking for which i am over time…..
Ive got the Honda from Rutland and also the X Jet which we have been playing around with on a few small jobs (garage roofs)and ime sure we can be using this system for soft washing turning the pressure down ?
Think its just about getting confident (and my lead technician) on softwashing as we have only done mainly drives and patio jet washing to date.
Ges Clean Ltd

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 04:33:56 pm »
No need to turn pressure down, you need different nozzles

I have a set of long range nozzles that fire 30,40,50 feet and oversized 15 degree for low pressure close work

I can't  remember if you can can the nozzles on x-jet I think I modded it to take a mini quick release so you change it like a Lance nozzle

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mike Strange

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 05:04:21 pm »
Thats great thanks, any particular place you would recommend to get the nozzles and are they just called long range nozzles that i presume fit on to the standard wand we use or do you also have an extension pole for roofs ?
Ges Clean Ltd

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 05:33:30 pm »
Hi all
Looking to expand our pressure washing business to include roof cleaning, render etc and thinking of booking a course (3 day training with these guys, heard good reviews, anyone used them or heard of them ?

There course  is very good we did it several years ago , there is no hard sell to buy there stuff we had to ask to see there systems after the course finished , well worth doing I learned a lot and been softwashing for 15 years  realised that what you see on YouTube is in some cases down right dangerous , it’s also a legitimate business expense  and a nice jolly for 3 days I would   definitely      recommend it .

Mike Strange

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 09:00:55 pm »
Thanks, yep looking forward to it.....think it would be good to just get some confidence from a practical (not video) point of view and then i could react to enquiries like this one just come in

"We need to jet wash approx 120 square meters of new brick, and possibly other parts of the building. It is a new build we are working on with Homes England and there’s quite a bit of construction mess to jet down.

Wouldn't know where to start although ime presuming i could just go with my honda , lance and turbo nozzle ?
Ges Clean Ltd

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 10:55:27 pm »
If it's new build then it's not softwashing you need - hot box and suitable masonry cleaner chems

You could try pressure washer suppliers in the UK - but I had better luck buying my nozzles from the US much better choice and prices ( this was 5 to 6 years ago )

Darran

Mike Strange

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 09:48:16 pm »
Thanks, turned it down till i get more experience....... 
Ges Clean Ltd