This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

Petrol pressure washing problem
« on: July 27, 2021, 11:20:41 am »
I would appreciate your advice on this please guys. I was using my petrol pressure on a job yesterday when suddenly my machine started aggressively jumping and down whilst washing.  I quickly stopped the clean and investigated. All seemed fine. I'm no expert and still new to pressure so would appreciate as my help here.

The machine was working hard throughout with some tough weeds for at least 6 hours. The machine was fine on low pressure rinsing down so could it
1 too much constant use?
2 the surface cleaner faulty?
3 water not getting through the pump?
4 filter needs cleaning
5 none of the above
Thank you for advice

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: Petrol pressure washing problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »
When you say 'aggressively jumping up and down' - like it was a petulant child?

A little more please, water flow stuttering?

Machine vibrating/bouncing?

Exactly what was going on, what pressure washer, age of machine?

If it was water starvation, through a clogged filter the machine wouldn't behave as you're saying.

Too much constant use - not this.

Did you resume the clean, what happened?

When the new guys start and want help we need as much info as possible.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 03:23:11 pm »
Hi Yada Yada
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, bouncing and vibrating.  my machine is a Honda Evolution, gx390 2,900psi 200bar 21lpm  The machine was working fine in the morning whilst using my surface cleaner. Managed a great job on the garden patio. Then tackled the  massive driveway.  The driveway was full of weeds but the surface cleaner tackled it well. I got 3/4 of the way through it when I had to move the van to the other side of the driveway. The Surface cleaner was fine again to start with then the machine started bouncing and vibrating. I turned the machine off and checked it but could not see anything wrong.  so I decided to change to my rinse gun to at lease rinse as much as I could and it was fine. I even managed to up the pressure on the rinse gun to get the last remaining weeds out.

Thanks so much for your help

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:37 pm »
Presuming this is drawn from a wheely bin outside the van, hoses were took out and then put back in?

If it's working fine now, an airlock possibly but check it on the flat surface cleaner and let us know what's going on then.

Never had a machine bounce around, apart from the running one that fell out of the back of a van when we were moving up slightly.

That properly bounced!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 06:51:17 pm »
Ha 🤣🤣 probably would bounce as well. I have the tank in the van and the machine is bolted in I feed the tank from the outside tap with a hose and from tank to washer. Worked fine until yesterday. I will use the surface cleaner tomorrow again and keep you informed . Thanks

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 06:36:47 pm »
Hi Yada Yada Yada
I have now managed to solve the initial problem. I found that one of the surface cleaner nozzles was blocked and so one of the twin turbos as well. anyway, I cleaned them both out now they work fine.  The only problem I have now is the pressure washer is playing up a bit. I'm sure it is minor problem, bit of crappy petrol in the carb.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated

All the best
Clive

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 10:53:47 pm »
Make sure you have an inline water filter/strainer in the set up.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 11:04:18 am »
Make sure you have an inline water filter/strainer in the set up.
I do have one of those fitted so all good. I'm sure you will know but for anyone with a honda x390 engine please be careful how you replace the spark plug after servicing. I had my engine serviced and the plug was only half and cross-threaded. apparently, it is a common problem with these machines because of the tight angle/awkwardness of putting the plug back. so anyone replacing plugs on these machines please be careful. I had to have mine rethreaded