This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

Pricing a side building and best chemical to use?
« on: July 24, 2021, 07:08:48 pm »
Hi all
I wonder if someone can help me? I have just been asked to quote for cleaning the brickwork on the side of a building in Mayfair, London. To be honest i have never cleaned a building at height before so have no clue how to price and am not sure what chemicals and method to use. The contractor is supplying the scaffold and expenses etc, and even offered me a labourer so it looks like a good earner. My problem is
1/ how do I price something if I can't physically measure it? I do not have an infrared tape measure so that's a no go
2/ what is the best and most reliable brickwork cleaning product on the market?
Apart from rinsing down, I think I'm gonna have use the good old fashioned scrubbing method for most of the clean because of the many windows

Any suggestions on pricing, method of clean and chemicals would be very much appreciated

Thank you
Clive

Smudger

Re: Pricing a side building and best chemical to use?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 02:50:29 pm »
Short answer - get an experienced contractor in.

If you can not afford tape measure on a 10k job then there is no hope

I doubt any1 can reliably answer your query  - far too many factors like type of surface, age, condition - what you want cleaned off, dirt, carbonization, paint, lime wash the list goes on....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Rob.Hall

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 06:34:35 pm »
And pics might help.

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:10:37 am »
Thanks for the prompt  reply. Im now working with the main contractor and  we have worked out a price for cleaning and sealing.
To Hank you for your help

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 06:25:48 pm »
Yea, whats the address?