Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLIVEDONNISON

Machine leaking
« on: July 13, 2021, 04:42:12 pm »
Would anyone know why my Prochem steampro is leaking dirty water coming through the vacuum?

Thanks

Nobby

Re: Machine leaking
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 05:11:46 pm »
    From what you describe I guess the  waste tank has been overfilled. I suggest you empty it, take the the lid off and run the vacuums for five minutes and that should clear it.

AJB

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 06:02:25 pm »
Also possibly a damaged stack leaking into the vacuum.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

CLIVEDONNISON

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 09:44:56 pm »
Also possibly a damaged stack leaking into the vacuum.
Whats a stack?

AJB

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 10:47:21 pm »
The pipe that comes up through the recovery tank, that the vacuums suck through.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

homenclean

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 09:15:10 pm »
Had exactly the same problem, where the stack fits into the waste tank the fitting is garbage. The lid of the machine pushes down on the stack and eventually causes a leak.

You should be able to re seal it with a good waterproof sealant that dries hard and still remains flexible (do this from the inside of the waste  tank and underneath the waste tank where the motors are) then secondly unscrew the tube in the tank, take of the float valve and cut half an inch of the tube then re assemble everything .  Once sealant has hardened fill the tank and check for leaks.

It’s a crap design from Prochem  every time you put the wand on the carpet the lid flexes and pushes down on the stack putting pressure on the fixing, over time it will leak.

Hope this helps
John