This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ant C

Briggs & Stratten engine pressure washer problem,
« on: June 28, 2021, 10:05:08 pm »
Hi all.
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem.
My GX390 engine went caput so I took the gearbox and pump off and they seemed to be fine, so I bought a Briggs & Stratten XR2100 - 14HP engine and fitted it all back together, started the engine to make sure running correctly before fitting the RS500 gearbox and WS202 pump. Connected all the pipes up and started it but wouldn't draw the water so nothing coming through the pump. I thought the pump might be knackered so bought a new RS500 gearbox and Ws202 pump and put those on, so now all brand new equipment. Started it up, engine running fine but still no water being drawn through. Is there something I am missing with the setup or any trouble shooting I could try?
Thanks in advance.

Splash & dash

Re: Briggs & Stratten engine pressure washer problem,
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 10:38:25 pm »
Ide give Ben at Rutland pumps a ring and ask him

Mike Halliday

Re: Briggs & Stratten engine pressure washer problem,
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 02:28:23 pm »
How are you feeding the pump? If everything is new then I would guess no water is getting to pump, maybe an air lock in the supply hose,  feed the pump with a direct feed from the tap  to force water into the pump ( make sure it has a good flow rate) .  check the inline filter is not blocked

If water is getting into the pump check the bypass hose to see if you are  water bypassing  or leave the pump outlet open to check for pressurised water.

Either water is not going in or not coming out, find out which it is
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk